Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:39:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Borat Subsequent Moviefilm 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Borat Subsequent Moviefilm  (Read 4847 times)
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

on: October 23, 2020, 03:57:13 PM

The discussion of this may need to be in politics.  why so serious?

Is available on Prime.

Dear god this thing is insane.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
BobtheSomething
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 09:57:21 PM

Had some good laughs with this movie.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 10:32:36 PM

It was hysterically funny and totally worth watching. Cringe humor performance art at its finest.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 10:55:57 PM

Really good stuff. 

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 24, 2020, 05:44:27 AM

I have always had trouble with humor where people are badly humiliated--it makes me feel almost physically ill--but I might make an exception if the people being humiliated really deserve it.

I watched the clip with Giuliani and the first thing I thought was not that he wanted or thought he was getting sex, it's that he was putting up with all of it because he thought there might be some serious money at the end of it all. It made me think he's probably been in a lot of weird situations with dodgy Russian/Ukrainian etc people where he got paid off in big monies for hanging out with them.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #5 on: October 24, 2020, 09:10:44 AM

I have always had trouble with humor where people are badly humiliated--it makes me feel almost physically ill--but I might make an exception if the people being humiliated really deserve it.

Most of the people in the movie who get humiliated definitely deserve it. There's some innocent bystanders in this one but that definition depends really on how you view the entrenched wealth of this country, and the various hangers on and opportunists that take advantage of them.

Guiliani didn't think he was getting sex in that scene, but that little pat he gave her on the backside was still old man cringe-y as shit. I'm pretty certain that had she offered it, her being "15 years old" or like 60 years younger than him (the actress is in her mid-20's) would not have been an obstacle for him.

WayAbvPar

Reply #6 on: October 27, 2020, 04:57:38 PM

OMG the fertility dance....seeing all those daughter-fondling shitlords aghast made my day. Was less enthused to see see rednecks in my backyard. I remember his stage appearance at the rally in Olympia hit the news, but I didn't realize it was for a new Borat movie.

The girl playing his daughter should win an Oscar. She was fantastic.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #7 on: October 31, 2020, 07:56:51 PM

Ya, Bakalova really made the movie.  I wasn't looking all that forward to this but it was funny as hell.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #8 on: October 31, 2020, 11:44:59 PM

Gotta agree. She put it over the top. It already felt more polished than the first, she improved it.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 01, 2020, 05:40:41 PM

He's pretty good in the new Chicago 7 flick, interestingly. Not that surprising, he is channelling Abbie Hoffman in his life.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 02, 2020, 12:47:19 AM

Saw this yesterday, kinda mixed opinion.  More a movie than a mockumentary this time around, no doubt because pulling off the same stuff when almost everyone knows who Borat is would be impossible.  Some of it was strangely heartwarming in a way I did not at all expect.  Still some funny gags, but it doesn't hit as hard these days, now that all these assholes are comfortable wearing their facism on their sleeves.

And yeah, the girl was quite good.

The Rudy scene is not conclusive.  I feel we would have to see all the raw footage to understand the whole context.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: November 02, 2020, 09:20:32 AM

The Rudy scene is conclusive in showing how fucking easy it is to fool him.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: November 02, 2020, 10:16:28 AM

The Rudy scene is conclusive in showing how fucking easy it is to fool him.

I was talking specifically to the part where he was either tucking in his shirt or waking up little rudy.

Easy to fool, no doubt.  But that is letting him off too easy.  He is a traitor with full knowledge of what he is doing.  Both things can be true at the same time.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #13 on: November 03, 2020, 07:37:00 AM

I get the feeling from his comfort level that no matter what was shown, if she had been even slightly willing, Rudy would have been into it whether she told him she was 15 or not.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: November 03, 2020, 09:37:16 AM

I think you are right.  But I also don't think she was actually introduced to him as a minor, and also she is not a minor, so I dunno.

Plenty of other reasons for him to rot in jail, so whatever.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Borat Subsequent Moviefilm  
Jump to: