Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:06:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Board Games  |  Topic: HeroQuest 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HeroQuest  (Read 5213 times)
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

on: September 23, 2020, 12:43:28 PM

https://hasbropulse.com/products/heroquest-game-system

Hasbro is trying to KS on their own platform, which seems weird and shady from an established company. I was kind of interested but the $150 price is a bit of a turnoff. Just letting folks know if they want to nostalgia buy. For the price, the game rules need a refresh.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 12:59:03 PM

super gross

bad the first time around, bad now

do not buy
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 04:11:49 PM

Any established corporation should just flat out not be allowed to KS. It's kind of disgusting. You think there's value, make some shit and find out, you've got money in the bank, you fuckers.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 06:49:11 AM

KS started out as something.  Now it is something entirely else - a marketing channel that allows a specific target audience. 

There are still small product that are being built to help a company get off the ground - but the big KS money is just marketing.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 06:53:52 PM

Here's the thing, the biggest kickstarters (for boardgames) - KDM, GH, Awaken Realms stuff - these aren't "big" companies. They're almost - arguably - indie. Gloomhaven the least of the 3, but like at its core, Kickstarter is still a good thing.

Companies that abuse crowdfunding though can get all the way fucked.

RPGs and Video Game sections are still mostly pure.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #5 on: September 25, 2020, 09:12:50 AM

I would never back another video game KS. I've only done a handful, but man what a pile of stinkers.

The KS-as-promo stuff doesn't bug me much. It does have the benefit of making more money for KS, keeping the host healthier for the smaller companies. I know a few mini companies that would be toast without the platform (to be fair, they're all terrible businessmen, but it gives them a valid outlet to stay afloat).

I have no nostalgia for the original game here, so it's a pretty easy pass for me. I seem to recall a non-legal version of this a few years ago? (fake edit: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2113976860/heroquest-25th-anniversary)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Board Games  |  Topic: HeroQuest  
Jump to: