Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:33:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Mythic Quest 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mythic Quest  (Read 1476 times)
Threash
Terracotta Army

on: September 05, 2020, 05:38:54 PM

Basically The Office in an MMO company setting, starring Rob McElhenney, David Hornsby (rickety cricket) Ashley Burch, F. Murray Abraham and Danny Pudi among other less well known names. This was actually surprisingly entertaining, and they apparently knew enough about MMOs not to sound completely retarded. It's on Apple TV though, I only managed to check it out because my brother just bought a new iPad and it came with a free sub. The standalone episode starring Jake Johnson and Cristin Milioti was probably the best.

I am the .00000001428%
pants
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 03:11:25 PM

Yeah, I caught this a few months ago, and really enjoyed it. As you say, they know enough about MMOs / modern microtransactions / 14 year old Youtubers / that the setting was believable (although suitably ridiculous). What I was impressed with was the character development and relationships - my wife who hates anything gaming related really enjoyed it as well, which I was not expecting.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 07:39:08 PM

I loved this. The Covid episode was especially well done.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 12, 2020, 09:24:33 AM

I am the .00000001428%
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Mythic Quest  
Jump to: