Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:59:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NHL 2019-2020 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NHL 2019-2020  (Read 3829 times)
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

on: August 11, 2020, 05:55:36 PM

Not a lot of chatter about this season. I’m pretty excited to see them playing again and they really seem to be taking quarantine and safety seriously.

As a Blue Jackets fan soon to be Kraken, this Lightning game is INSANE. This is like the fifth longest hockey game in the NHL and it’s not over yet.

My only complaint on the restart: NBCSN is using really crappy crowd noise that I dislike. I’d rather it was quiet.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #1 on: August 11, 2020, 06:42:37 PM

Fourth longest game on NHL playoff history and BOOOoOoOO.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 01:11:50 AM

I didn't make a thread earlier, since it seemed like I was the only one excited, even back in October.

Definitely excited to see what the Flyers end up doing - the ran roughshod over the competition during the round robin games, and they should match up very favorably against Montreal.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3 on: August 12, 2020, 06:38:34 AM

You know, that's what Penguins fans were thinking a week ago as well.
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 12, 2020, 07:54:18 AM

Not a lot of chatter about this season. I’m pretty excited to see them playing again and they really seem to be taking quarantine and safety seriously.

As a Blue Jackets fan soon to be Kraken, this Lightning game is INSANE. This is like the fifth longest hockey game in the NHL and it’s not over yet.

My only complaint on the restart: NBCSN is using really crappy crowd noise that I dislike. I’d rather it was quiet.

Some networks do more of that dumb crowd noise than others but yeah its bad.
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 12, 2020, 08:00:33 AM

I didn't make a thread earlier, since it seemed like I was the only one excited, even back in October.

Definitely excited to see what the Flyers end up doing - the ran roughshod over the competition during the round robin games, and they should match up very favorably against Montreal.

I think they have  60/40 edge over Montreal but it should be a closer series than people think. Both teams are strong 5v5 teams, mediocre power plays. They also both have had strong goaltending recently. If each teams' goaltending holds up and nobody's powerplay explodes it should be very close games and could become quite a coaching chessmatch with teams looking for edges in line match ups (including exploiting weaker holes on the D pairings) and other on the fly adjustments to get an edge.
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 14, 2020, 06:24:14 PM

Flyers are slower than I thought...Could be a problem for them.

NYI vs Caps really wild games but I'd be pulling my hair out if I was a fan of those teams
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NHL 2019-2020  
Jump to: