Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:52:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: A pox on you all 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A pox on you all  (Read 3450 times)
Daydreamer
Contributor

on: April 14, 2004, 11:36:54 AM

So school/easter vacation finally lets up long enough for me to snag a copy of CoH without screwing myself in the ass, and when I get home and sign up I find I can't log in to d/l the client.  I fiddle with the loggin system for a half hour, double checking to make sure I did everything right on my end, before checking the CoH mainpage.

Its the first day of partially open beta testing.  A pox on all of them.

Immaginative Immersion Games  ... These are your role playing games, adventure games, the same escapist pleasure that we get from films and page-turner novels and schizophrenia. - David Wong at PointlessWasteOfTime.com
Daydreamer
Contributor

Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 11:55:34 AM

Hell, why whine when I can be doing something productive.  Just in case it isnt what I think it is.

Anyone have trouble getting the .zip file from the developers?  Specifically, I can't seem to create a beta-board account to use for the fileserver - my reg forum acocunt doesn't work, nor does my PlayNC acocunt, and when I go to 'register' it sends me to PlayNC where I can't login.  Yet if I go there by other means I can log in an out regularly.  WTF?

And for completion's sake: The registration error text.
We were unable to verify your login. Either your login information was entered incorrectly, or the account system is currently unavailable. Please check the normal downtime schedule and announcements at www.cityofheroes.com.

ANyone have a similar problem or know someone who has?

EDIT:
Just finished trying their myriad account help services short of e-mailing them.  After explicitly telling them through their own forms and drop down menus that I use Windows XP, they told me to read their mac in/compatability blurb.  Not a good omen.

Immaginative Immersion Games  ... These are your role playing games, adventure games, the same escapist pleasure that we get from films and page-turner novels and schizophrenia. - David Wong at PointlessWasteOfTime.com
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 02:18:26 PM

Quote from: Daydreamer
Hell, why whine when I can be doing something productive.  Just in case it isnt what I think it is.

Anyone have trouble getting the .zip file from the developers?  Specifically, I can't seem to create a beta-board account to use for the fileserver - my reg forum acocunt doesn't work, nor does my PlayNC acocunt, and when I go to 'register' it sends me to PlayNC where I can't login.  Yet if I go there by other means I can log in an out regularly.  WTF?

And for completion's sake: The registration error text.
We were unable to verify your login. Either your login information was entered incorrectly, or the account system is currently unavailable. Please check the normal downtime schedule and announcements at www.cityofheroes.com.

ANyone have a similar problem or know someone who has?

EDIT:
Just finished trying their myriad account help services short of e-mailing them.  After explicitly telling them through their own forms and drop down menus that I use Windows XP, they told me to read their mac in/compatability blurb.  Not a good omen.

I had major problems getting the acceptance email. I had to email support several times. You need to make an accout at plaync.com and then when it says under add games, that you are beta for CoH, then your beta email should arrive. You ALSO need to make a forum username and PW. You have to use your FORUM name to DL the client, not your playNC name.

Hope this helps.
Daydreamer
Contributor

Reply #3 on: April 14, 2004, 06:27:03 PM

EDIT: The Techie I e-mailed reset something behind the scenes and fixed the problem.  Apparently, when I replied yes to their question about wanting to retain the same username, yet picked a different password for the board to make my life easier by matching the boardname to my usual password/name routines, the machine decided to have a fit.  All because some screwball took my favorite login at NC first, but not for the board.  Metabolic Biochemistry seems almost simple and stright forward by comparisson.

kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 15, 2004, 07:49:34 AM

One thing I have noticed that at least in beta their techs seem pretty on the ball. I have had a few major issues earlier during a push that had a lot of mission bugs and the testmasters always helped me out within a reasonable time frame.

Kaid
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: A pox on you all  
Jump to: