Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:40:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Board Games  |  Topic: I made a thing: Waddle, from WizKids 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I made a thing: Waddle, from WizKids  (Read 4102 times)
Raph
Developers

Title delayed while we "find the fun."

on: August 11, 2020, 04:52:39 PM

Meant to post about this and forgot.

A while back I designed a tabletop game, abstract, for two players, which I called "Pebbles." (Actually, I designed a whole bunch of them, but this is about Pebbles specifically).

I'd carry it around to dev conventions and the like, people liked it a lot. One of those gatherings was Tabletop Network, where it got played by a bunch of tabletop designers including Isaac Shalev (probably best known for Show n Tile,  Seikatsu and Retreat to Darkmoor). He liked several of the games a lot, and ended up taking them with him on his usual pitching rounds at the major cons, which I totally do not have time to do.

Upshot, pubs liked Pebbles, but wanted it to support 4 players. It took back n forthing for a year, but mostly thanks to Isaac, we cracked it, and a publishing deal followed.

So next year, keep an eye out for Waddle, a no-longer-abstract game for 2-4 players from WizKids. You lay out places on the table. Each turn, you can place some of your penguins in the different places, or move penguins around between the places, and play a score card. Every card is different, and there are a lot of possible ways to rack up points based on the configuration of the penguins in the various places. Your score card blocks others from playing the same card next. It's super easy to learn, but can be quite a tactical thing.

Anyway, here's one of the many articles about it. https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/46272/head-downtown-wizkids-waddle

Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #1 on: August 11, 2020, 06:31:59 PM

Congrats! Good news.

"It comes with 32 penguins in two colors..." Sold!
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #2 on: August 11, 2020, 06:39:15 PM

Someone be sure to update this when it prints. This looks interesting.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Board Games  |  Topic: I made a thing: Waddle, from WizKids  
Jump to: