Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:19:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Stargirl 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stargirl  (Read 1722 times)
Reg
Terracotta Army

on: August 10, 2020, 04:32:19 AM

Well I just finished watching the season 1 ending of Stargirl and I have to admit the series has grown on me to the point where I'll keep up with it like I do the Flash and Supergirl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OLbYfrOlVE

I thought the first couple of episodes were a little silly and almost stopped watching but as my interest grew I actually researched the original JSA which was from the Silver/Golden age of DC and were before my time. It was fun the way familiar names kept coming out of the woodwork. Anyway, at a bingable 13 episodes it's worth checking out if you're into this kind of stuff.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 08:47:50 AM

It is a bit hit and miss as the season goes on.  I have not seen the finale, yet, but I am pessimistic for a season 2 to be as good due to budget constraints (they're losing a lot of budget when they go to CW only).  I'm hoping we don't get 4 episodes with super hero battles and 9 elevator episodes.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: August 11, 2020, 06:43:21 AM

I'm a little over halfway through the season and I like it. The JSA stuff is well done, but I expect that - Geoff Johns being the creative force behind it helps that, because he is a HUGE JSA nerd and his stories with them were usually good. It gets a little goofy at times, what with all these super villains all burying themselves in this one town and having kids, but they do a good job with the ones they chose.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Stargirl  
Jump to: