Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:49:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Warrior Nun (Netflix) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Warrior Nun (Netflix)  (Read 4500 times)
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

on: July 19, 2020, 07:50:59 PM

A Buffy the Vampire Slayer "Chosen One" storyline with a lot of baggage.  Most of the acting is mediocre, the "twists" are predictable, and it just never really pops.  The lead has charisma, as does Sister Mary, but nobody else is that memorable and they do not get the most out of those two.  Fine as brainless background noise, but not worth your focus.  It is not beyond hope that a Season 2 could fix some of these problems, but I would not expect it.  
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 09:39:46 AM by jgsugden »

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 07:57:01 AM

It does have surprisingly good fight scenes and the lead is incredibly cute.

I am the .00000001428%
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 08:18:01 AM

This was actual trash.
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 12:29:00 AM

My wife and I struggled through the first episode, it was pretty awful.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 07:13:56 AM

This was actual trash.

So your saying I'm gonna like it.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 07:50:28 AM

The ending was awful.  I feel like the last five minutes got cut short.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 21, 2020, 08:06:15 AM

Spouse and I enjoyed it. The ending was definitely them going "please give us a Season 2!" Who knows if it will get it. I think the first season suffered mostly from the first part of a Hero's Journey "Rejection of the Call" spread out over the entire season.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
DevilsAdvocate25
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 21, 2020, 08:57:08 AM

I liked Beatrice and Mary. Lilith's "recovery" was weird. I liked her with her hair down.

Ava reminds me a lot of Ellen Page. They left a bunch of open plot threads at the end, but the final scene felt abrupt, as if the pandemic kept them from finishing the episode so they just released what they had.

I would watch season 2.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: July 21, 2020, 09:46:55 AM

Ava reminds me a lot of Ellen Page.

Half Ellen Page half Alicia Vikander.

I am the .00000001428%
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: July 21, 2020, 02:51:04 PM

I liked Beatrice and Mary.

I think everyone liked them. I especially liked Beatrice though Mary's "IDGAF" attitude made me laugh more than once. She got the biggest laugh of the entire series from me.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
DevilsAdvocate25
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: July 23, 2020, 11:34:45 AM

I think everyone liked them. I especially liked Beatrice though Mary's "IDGAF" attitude made me laugh more than once. She got the biggest laugh of the entire series from me.

We loved that scene too. Mary was just well written in her ability to get Ava to understand that she always had the choice to walk away, but that, if she did, bad things would happen and it would be her fault.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: July 23, 2020, 10:46:57 PM

We loved that scene too. Mary was just well written in her ability to get Ava to understand that she always had the choice to walk away, but that, if she did, bad things would happen and it would be her fault.

Yes. I loved the scenes with Mary and Ava in that village. Mary actually legitimately gave her a choice. I think Ava expected it to be a trick but it wasn't.

MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: August 03, 2020, 03:31:41 PM

This show had, it really had me, and then it lost me during what I would consider the actual peek of the show once the "twist" is revealed two episodes later... Netflix why do you do this?
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 03, 2020, 04:04:02 PM

Also ending in a mid fight cliff hanger was super lame.

I am the .00000001428%
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Warrior Nun (Netflix)  
Jump to: