Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:52:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: A noob is me. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A noob is me.  (Read 3324 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

on: March 21, 2005, 02:53:08 AM

I got around to giving this a go at the weekend.

Was actually rather fun, and despite the fact that my newbie White and Red Champions deck sucks an extreme amount of ass I even won an occaisional game.

Funniest moment had to be when I realised they'd actually bothered to implement foil cards. ffs.

What would completely sell me on the game though, is a lighter web client version that would allow me to play without installing anything on a PC, meaning I could play while travelling on a work laptop. If you cut out the graphics I'm sure that would be possible.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 10:28:09 AM

I think it may store rules for the cards client-side.

Anyway, what you should Really do is buy like 30-40 Tix or so, and maybe a few BoK boosters and make some decks. Use the tix in the marketplace room to buy from the card bots. There are a few links thrown around here that should help you make some cheap, but effective decks. More importantly, those decks are fun...except for this Blue wizards deck I just made; I haven't been able to get the stupid thing to work during an actual game.

But yeah, web client would r0xor.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 12:29:28 AM

Hmm, I did drop into the trading area briefly, the rapid scrolling disaster that is the trading room smelt too much of asstardery and I left - I may have to reinvestigate.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 12:37:09 AM

Hmm, I did drop into the trading area briefly, the rapid scrolling disaster that is the trading room smelt too much of asstardery and I left - I may have to reinvestigate.

/join casual
/join auction
/join message board

The trading area is just a spam clusterfuck.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 03:17:26 AM

You do know there is a Pause button, right?

The bots are kind of convienent because they tell you up-front how they are operating, and between the lot of them, they have a pretty large selection.

For rares, you Might be better off in casual, depending on the value of the card. Some cards are simply not available on the bots, from what I have seen (Fuck you Glorious Anthem and Troll Ascetic).

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: A noob is me.  
Jump to: