Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 15, 2024, 11:22:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Steam Summer Sale 2020 COVID-19 Edition 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steam Summer Sale 2020 COVID-19 Edition  (Read 4719 times)
Trippy
Administrator

on: June 25, 2020, 03:04:43 PM

https://store.steampowered.com/

No weird/broken/buggy games to play this time around. Just points earning through purchases to get avatars, stickers and stuff, which will continue past the sale. They've also retroactively given people points for purchases earlier this year. You can also get the Summer sale trading cards by going through your Discovery Queue each day
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 12:47:43 AM

Looks like a better than usual sale as well.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 01:22:08 AM

Could be. Video game spending is up this year likely thanks to COVID-19 so publishers and developers may be trying to take advantage of many people still staying at home and looking for games to play.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 05:11:37 PM

And it ends up just being a few Rocksmith DLC yet again, for me.

DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS why so serious? Hulk Rock
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 06:02:38 PM

Yeah it was clever/evil of them to offer "remastered" tracks to get people to buy songs twice.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #5 on: June 27, 2020, 10:32:36 PM

Yeah it was clever/evil of them to offer "remastered" tracks to get people to buy songs twice.

I don't understand. Did they remastered tracks?

The tracks I picked up were regular releases from the previous release-to-sale gap. One more sale and I'll be pretty much done with DLC, because the gap only has one cycle left (so for the winter sale, all DLC should be on sale). I don't mind throwing them a few bucks every sale, I get new tunes and they keep ignoring the customs forge.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #6 on: June 27, 2020, 11:32:58 PM

I don't understand. Did they remastered tracks?
Yeah they did for some.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #7 on: June 28, 2020, 05:36:20 AM

$5 off $30 with the sale prices got me to buy some games.

Halcyon 6 is a pretty boilerplate but well done seemingly space roguelike pixel gfx thing if you aren't sick of pixel gfx at this point (i'm so close).

I got Galaxy of Pen & Paper +1 for $3 because Chroma Squad was great. more pixel gfx tho... but seriously get Chroma Squad for $3 if you haven't. Funny and charming and different.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Steam Summer Sale 2020 COVID-19 Edition  
Jump to: