Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:49:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Succession 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Succession  (Read 2526 times)
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

on: April 04, 2020, 02:08:42 PM

I guess I never started a thread about this show which has been under the radar a bit the first couple of seasons, but is SOOOOOOOOOO good. 

HBO started streaming this for free today, so go watch it.  You won't know WTF kind of show it is until around episode 4/5, so give it a chance.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 07:29:02 AM

It's loosely based on the Miurdochs and yeah, it scratches the "I want to see rich people being shitty to each other" itch nicely.

Why don't you try our other games?
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 09:08:06 PM

Just finished season 2.  It is phenomenal.

Thank you for the chicken.

Phe-Nom-E-Nal

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 01:06:15 AM

You can't make a Tomlette without breaking a few Gregs.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 01:09:07 AM

Seriously, this thread should be at least 10 pages long because you are all watching it. What the fuck is wrong with you that you aren't watching it? it is so within the F13 wheelhouse that is should be titled "Succession: F13 is right"

-H.L. Mencken
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5 on: April 14, 2020, 06:33:44 AM

I've been interested because of the cast, but just haven't been able to get myself pysched up to watch rich people behaving badly when I have so many other things to watch.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 15, 2020, 01:55:02 AM

I've been interested because of the cast, but just haven't been able to get myself pysched up to watch rich people behaving badly when I have so many other things to watch.

I mean, I get my fill of this just watching the news.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 15, 2020, 11:59:08 AM

I mean, I get my fill of this just watching the news.

Trust us, it's worth it.  You may be tempted to disagree after the first season, but wow the second season is so good.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: December 12, 2021, 07:41:05 PM

Third season was amazing.  The finale was incredible. 

-H.L. Mencken
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: December 13, 2021, 01:28:49 AM

Peep show but dynasty.

I haven't seen the last one.

But I am at the point where I have no idea if I like this but watch every week regardless and will keep doing so. I think it is the serial incompetence of and meanness toward the non-core characters is where it stretches.

But the kids and Brian Cox are so well done.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Succession  
Jump to: