Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:11:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Board Games  |  Topic: Upcoming Games You Want 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Upcoming Games You Want  (Read 4571 times)
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

on: March 08, 2020, 05:56:13 PM

Anyone care to share the upcoming games you're most looking forward to seeing?

My current tops:

* Pandemic Legacy Season 3

* Ankh (Kickstarter coming soon, likely delivery in summer 2021).  This is the third in the CMON mythology series (behind Blood Rage and Rising Sun).  This will be another area control, but with a different take.  You're trying to be the last God with worshippers, so it sounds like you're fighting the gradual decline of territory rather than fighting to control new territory.

* Sleeping Giants - seemingly an improved version of Near and Far / Above and Below.  Those games are amongst my Gateway Games I use to introduce people to gaming - but I would appreciate an improved version as those are both a bit flat to me.

What is on your radars?

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 07:26:47 PM

Of pledges that have already ended but haven't shipped (41), I'm looking forward to the following:

• Tainted Grail - Wave 2
  • Etherfields
  • Vampire: Heritage
  • Anachrony w/ Xpack (i didn't get it the first time around)
  • Import/Export
  • Some Time in 2022: Kingdom Death Wave 3
  • Spirit Island: Jagged Earth
  • Aeon Trespass
  • Merchant's Cove
  • Oath
  • Pax Renaissance 2E
  • John Company 2E

The last 2 there haven't actually hit KS yet, but they will and I will back them.

Of things that are possibly going to materialize this year or next and AREN'T crowd-funded:

• Cosmic Encounter Duel (morbid interest, nothing more - hoping to just trade for it since I'm done with Asmodee)
  • Dice Realms
  • Era: Expansion
  • Imperial Struggle (will wait for reviews)
  • My City
  • Cosmic Frog
  • Clash of Cultures: Monumental Edition
  • Sidereal Confluence: Remastered

Things that probably WON'T materialize in any capacity:
  • Brasil
  • Artificial Intelligence
  • Arkwright: The Card Game
  • An Infamous Traffic 2E (probably 2021)
  • 1889: History of Shikoku Railways
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 10:38:46 PM by schild »
BobtheSomething
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 07:59:56 PM

I'm looking forward to Ankh for the mins.  I'm also keeping an eye out for Project Elite from CMON, hoping to score a clearance sale for the minis.

A board game I actually want to play is Shadows of Brimstone Adventures, which I pledged all-in for.

I'm also intrigued by Mantic's co-op fantasy board game where the players are the villains, but after Dungeon Saga and Star Saga, I'll wait for reviews or clearance before jumping on that particular mine.

I have a number of miniature-agnostic wargames coming to me this year, as well as some expansions.  Do those count?
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3 on: March 09, 2020, 06:30:03 AM

I've given up trying to recruit people to play board games. My friends/family who don't play them seem to be retarded when it comes to learning games. You get past 'roll die, move token' and they act like you're asking them to disarm a nuke. It's infuriating because they're intelligent people who won't acknowledge a mental block. On the other end of the spectrum, my friends who are avid board gamers/BGG members seem to hate gaming and just want to critique how well the rules were written.

Currently I'm up for Zombicide v2, which basically makes it the game I wanted to play; Zombicide NotLD because I had a moment of weakness and love that movie that much; and KD:M.

I'm probably good for solo game content for the rest of my life, tbh.
Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 09, 2020, 07:45:47 PM

Schild covered a lot of these, but in roughly descending order of interest for things that I've already pledged for and might make it in 2020, or have been announced:

Spirit Island: Jagged Earth
Aeon Trespass (unlikely to be 2020)
Frosthaven (unlikely to be 2020)
Oath
Anachrony Fractures of Time
Alma Mater
Legacies
Tekhenu
D.E.I. (based solely on it being half of the Barrage design team)
Brasil (but this has been on the BGG anticipated list for like 3 or 4 years now, so ??)
Dwellings of Eldervale
Viscounts of the West Kingdom
Aydia (but this has been vaporware for years as well)
Oathsworn (unlikely to be 2020)
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 10, 2020, 05:06:18 PM

I'm not really looking forward to anything. I'd like to play Sol, but dunno when that will reprint.

I have enough 18XX games to be getting on with already.

Anachrony was pretty MOR. But I know I don't have the same taste as most of you.

Clash of Cultures is a great game, I hope the monumental edition turns out ok despite the shitty publisher. I'm happy I have a copy and expansion already.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Board Games  |  Topic: Upcoming Games You Want  
Jump to: