Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:52:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: I Am Not OK With This 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I Am Not OK With This  (Read 1866 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

on: February 27, 2020, 10:50:37 PM

New Netflix show in the vein of End of the Fucking World. Dark comedy with a smattering of super hero/super powers.

I really enjoyed this. If there's any criticism, it's pretty short: 7 episodes of 20-40 minutes. I felt like it ended on what could have been the end of a half season. It's the first show that I've completely binged in a single day (probably clocks in at < 1 Irishman), and I wish it could have gone on a bit more.

-Rasix
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 12:24:41 AM

I saw this pop up on my start page and immediately marked it.  Looks fun.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 11:21:55 AM

Am I the only one who looks at the lead actor and think 'did Kristin Wigg have a daughter 16 years ago?'

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Raph
Developers

Title delayed while we "find the fun."

Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 12:12:23 PM

I bet that part of the reason it was so short is because they changed the ending from the graphic novel.

schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 11:42:16 PM

Just finished this. Extremely good. What time period is this fucking show set in?

I bet that part of the reason it was so short is because they changed the ending from the graphic novel.

This is a fucking stupid ending. It's way more interesting as a retelling of Carrie (which it isn't, but still).

Am I the only one who looks at the lead actor and think 'did Kristin Wigg have a daughter 16 years ago?'

You're apparently the only one who hasn't seen IT chapter one.

Anyway, Killing Moon should've played through the credits.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 05, 2020, 10:02:54 AM

I have no idea why I like this kind of shit, but I really, really do.  It is my latent Emo Kid emerging or something.

Super short though, sheesh.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #6 on: March 05, 2020, 10:13:25 AM

I have no idea why I like this kind of shit, but I really, really do.  It is my latent Emo Kid emerging or something.

Super short though, sheesh.

I think if you add the runtime up of the episodes it adds to a movie. 
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #7 on: March 16, 2020, 11:49:09 AM

Nothing happens, just wait until/if there is a season 2, this tiny season is a complete waste to watch at this point.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: I Am Not OK With This  
Jump to: