Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:21:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL Playoffs 2020 Pick 'Em 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL Playoffs 2020 Pick 'Em  (Read 10805 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

on: January 02, 2020, 07:56:25 PM

Time for the usual fantasy pick 'em NFL playoffs post! Pick the winners for each round and their matchups to see if you can pick the eventual New England Patriots Super Bowl winner!

Wild Card Round

AFC
Buffalo v Houston
Tennessee   v New England

NFC
Minnesota   v New Orleans
Seattle v Philadelphia

Divisional Round

AFC
Lowest Seed v Baltimore
Highest Seed v Kansas City

NFC
Lowest Seed v San Francisco
Highest Seed v Green Bay

Championship Round
AFC
Lowest Seed @ Highest Seed

NFC
Lowest Seed @ Highest Seed

Super Bowl
NFC Champ v AFC Champ

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 07:58:27 PM

So like this:

Wild Card Round

AFC
Houston
New England

NFC
New Orleans
Seattle

Divisional Round

AFC
Baltimore
Kansas City

NFC
San Francisco
New Orleans

Championship Round
AFC
Baltimore

NFC
San Francisco

Super Bowl
Baltimore

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 06:38:02 AM

Wild Card Round

AFC
Buffalo
Tennessee

NFC
New Orleans
Seattle

Divisional Round

AFC
Baltimore
Kansas City

NFC
San Francisco
New Orleans

Championship Round
AFC
Baltimore

NFC
New Orleans

Super Bowl
Baltimore
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 11:56:57 AM

Wild Card Round

AFC
Houston
New England

NFC
New Orleans
Seattle

Divisional Round

AFC
Baltimore
Kansas City

NFC
San Francisco
New Orleans

Championship Round
AFC
Baltimore

NFC
San Francisco

Super Bowl
San Francisco
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 03:26:25 PM

Wild Card Round

AFC
Houston
New England

NFC
New Orleans
Philadelphia

Divisional Round

AFC
Baltimore
Kansas City

NFC
San Francisco
New Orleans

Championship Round
AFC
Baltimore

NFC
New Orleans

Super Bowl
Baltimore

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 03, 2020, 06:47:05 PM

Homer bracket:

Wild Card Round

AFC
Houston
New England

NFC
Minnesota
Seattle

Divisional Round

AFC
Baltimore
Kansas City

NFC
San Francisco
Minnesota

Championship Round
AFC
Baltimore

NFC
Minnesota

Super Bowl
Minnesota

Then a rip in the fabric of space-time causes the universe to implode.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #6 on: January 03, 2020, 08:40:35 PM

Forgot to mention I'll score it this way: Wild Card round win = 1 point, Divisional round = 2 points, Conference Championship = 3 points and Super Bowl is worth 6 points.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 04, 2020, 01:01:30 PM

Didn;t realize Watts was going to play for Houston this week. Oops... I feel the teams were close and his impact missing on D would tip it...I'll stick with Buffalo for my pick, but I'm definitely less confident than I was about it when I posted :p
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #8 on: January 04, 2020, 10:39:11 PM

That was actually two pretty good games to start the playoffs.

BUH-BYE TAWWWMMMY!!!!

Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 05, 2020, 08:04:56 AM

It’s almost hard to believe the Patriots have been booted early from the playoffs.  When is the last time that happened?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 11:46:30 AM by Brolan »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #10 on: January 05, 2020, 09:49:54 AM

2012 was the last time they lost a playoff game at home, to the eventual Super Bowl champ Ravens. Super Bowl (end of 2015 season so in 2016) was the last time there was  Super Bowl without them. Since the end of the 2011 season (so 2012), they've been in 5 of the last 8 Super Bowls, 6 of the last 12 and 9 of the last 18, dating back to the first Super Bowl with Brady and Belichick.

It's nice to think of a Super Bowl in our future without them. It was also extremely gratifying to see that raging dickbag Belichick fuming over the way Vrabel was able to piss away almost 2 minutes of the clock by intentionally taking penalties in the 4th quarter. That's exactly the kind of rules lawyering bullshit Belichick absolutely lives for, and he didn't like being on the receiving at all. I expect to see the rules committee clamping down on that shit next season (as they should) because it is some real bullshit.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #11 on: January 05, 2020, 06:58:56 PM

Wild Card Round Results
Houston
Tennesse
Minnesota
Seattle

HaemishM - 2 points
Sky - 2 points
Brolan - 2 points
Azuredream - 1 point
Brolan (Homer Bracket) - 3 points (should probably get triple points for picking Minnesota)  Ohhhhh, I see.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #12 on: January 11, 2020, 10:35:30 PM

Goddamn. Well, I officially have to start giving Mike Vrabel and the Titans some credit. They are shutting shit down. I think Lamar Jackson got too focused on winning the game by himself tonight and it cost them. It doesn't help that he really only has one good pass catching option (and a whole lot of guys dropping balls they should be catching), and having Mark Ingram hurt didn't help matters. Credit to Vrabel and the Titans though, they came up with a game plan and it worked. And that long-ass TD pass from Tannehill to Raemond in the first quarter was just fucking insane.

San Fran just took care of business like I expected. Vikings couldn't stop the running game or get off the field on defense, and their O-line couldn't open lanes for their run game. That put it all on Cousins and he's not that kind of "carry a team by himself" QB.

Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: January 12, 2020, 10:53:38 AM

The San Fran D-line is just too good for the Vikes.  Plus the Vikes were tired after their second game in 6 days and the emotional win over the Saints.  Having that bye week makes all the difference.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #14 on: January 12, 2020, 11:03:48 AM

The San Fran D-line is just too good for the Vikes.  Plus the Vikes were tired after their second game in 6 days and the emotional win over the Saints.  Having that bye week makes all the difference.

Tell that too the Ravens.  why so serious?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #15 on: January 12, 2020, 12:26:20 PM

Tell that too the Ravens.  why so serious?
Lamar Jackson had an extra week off (didn't play final regular season game) which may not have helped.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: January 12, 2020, 12:30:27 PM

Yeah, the Titans are a much better team than I thought they were.  They maybe good enough to make it the point San Fran beats them.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #17 on: January 12, 2020, 07:20:16 PM

Divisional Round Results
Tennessee
San Francisco
Kansas City
Green Bay

HaemishM - 6 points
Sky - 6 points
Brolan - 6 points
Azuredream - 5 point
Brolan (Homer Bracket) - 7 points (but still won't win because none of the teams he picked to go all the way survived this round)

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #18 on: January 19, 2020, 09:09:22 PM

Conference Championships!
Kansas City
San Francisco  cry

HaemishM - 9 points
Brolan - 9 points
Brolan (Homer Bracket) - 7 points
Sky - 6 points
Azuredream - 5 points

Which means that the only one who can win a clear victory is Brolan, since he's the only one who picked San Fran to win. I actually do think they will win as their defense is amazing, and that offense is just a fucking steamroller.

Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: January 20, 2020, 07:18:48 AM

Even though I expected San Fran to win it was still amazing to see how easily they stomped the Packers.  I think the SB will be a blowout too.  KC has a tough row to hoe.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #20 on: January 20, 2020, 09:39:29 AM

Yeah, while watching that epic curb stomping, I realized that it's probably not going to matter how fast KC's offense can score. Their defense is not as good as the Packers. I expect Mostert and Breida to have the exact same effect on KC's defense - they are just going to roll right over them, keep the ball for like 40 minutes out of 60 and win the game. Since the Packers are out and I picked Baltimore to win it all, I don't really have a dog in the hunt and I hope we don't see a lopsided game. If anybody can just run Mahomes out of the building, it's going to be this 49ers team. Garropolo could have just sat in a lawn chair the whole game for as much as he was needed.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: January 21, 2020, 07:05:40 AM

I can almost taste a bit of how people must feel about Brady after listening to the tongue bath Mahomes got after this weekend. Face of the game?

We were pulling for Vrabel's team, just for the sheer underdogginess of it. KC was the only team I didn't want to see win this weekend, so I guess they're going all the way :D

SF was my first real team back in the day because I was living in the Bay Area when I got into football (in 1990, the last 'good' Montana year), so it's cool to see them back in the SB.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #22 on: January 21, 2020, 08:39:50 AM

If Shanahan wins a Super Bowl by getting up big and then running the ball instead of the throwing it, Falcons fans may just have him killed.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #23 on: February 02, 2020, 07:21:14 PM

100% my fault, apologies.

I was busy cleaning and making dinner, didn’t turn the game on until about nine minutes left in the fourth. Watched the game momentum switch about a minute after we turned the tv on. 😁
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: February 02, 2020, 07:36:24 PM

Big surprise for me, I thought SF would win easily.  It was still their game to lose when they decided to ignore their running game in spite of an excellent KC pass defense.  

After the first KC comeback TD I remember SF running two dubious pass plays in a row when they really needed the momentum of some running plays to rest their defence and cool off the KC offense juggernaut.  I remember thinking are they trying to lose the game here?  Looks like they actually were.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 08:35:02 AM by Brolan »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #25 on: February 02, 2020, 08:47:17 PM

I expected San Fran to come out running like they did against Green Bay and never stop until they were 30 points up. Apparently, I'm smarter than Kyle Shanahan.  why so serious?

Looks like Brolan and I are tied on 9 points since no one picked Kansas City to win it all. A winner is everybody because we had a good Super Bowl game that didn't involve Tom Fucking Brady.

Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: February 02, 2020, 08:58:25 PM

It was a fun little run there.  Hopefully we can get a few more to participate next year.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL Playoffs 2020 Pick 'Em  
Jump to: