Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:53:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ghostbusters: Afterlife  (Read 4361 times)
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

on: December 09, 2019, 08:30:56 PM

Trailer here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahZFCF--uRY

Looks more serious? Dunno. At any rate, I'll probably catch it. Good cast, goes back to the old storyline, looks fun.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 07:05:36 AM

Wow... that actually looks good.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 09:41:56 AM

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised by that. I'm not even a Ghostbusters fan but it sure as shit looked better than LadyBusters.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 09:53:42 AM

I'm still immensely skeptical of the entire idea of doing a Ghostbusters sequel, but that at least appears to be going for the right tone in terms of taking itself a LITTLE seriously rather than doing it in the style of an Adam Sandler cash-grab with a lot of fart jokes.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #4 on: December 10, 2019, 11:11:35 AM

Stranger Ghosts

Ohhhhh, I see.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: December 10, 2019, 11:35:25 AM

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised by that. I'm not even a Ghostbusters fan but it sure as shit looked better than LadyBusters.

It will really interesting seeing how it does vs the 2016 film.  Especially with all the gender politics involved between the two movies.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 10, 2019, 02:12:38 PM

Maybe I'm weird, but that did absolutely nothing for me.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #7 on: December 10, 2019, 02:19:09 PM

It didn't look like a train wreck which I guess is something at least. Didn't really do much for me either. Jason Reitman is a perfectly ok director, but there's no getting around the fact that he's only directing this by virtue of his father directing the original.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: December 10, 2019, 02:47:43 PM

Stranger Ghosts

Ohhhhh, I see.

Insipid stranger ghosts.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: December 11, 2019, 12:43:09 AM

It didn't look like a train wreck which I guess is something at least. Didn't really do much for me either. Jason Reitman is a perfectly ok director, but there's no getting around the fact that he's only directing this by virtue of his father directing the original.

In fairness, there's probably not a bigger fan of Ghostbusters on the planet. He was there on set when it was made and has always loved the movies. Hopefully that passion will translate into a good film, we'll see I guess. It has a good cast it looks like and I like how they didn't show any of the returning cast members in the trailer though I suspect as we get closer to release the marketing department won't be able to help themselves.

Also, Egon was always my favorite and I like how it's pretty clear they're his descendents.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Hammond
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: December 03, 2021, 09:05:24 AM

Seems appropriate to raise this topic from the depths.

So this finally got released in the theatre at almost 2 years later. I saw the original movies in the theatre back in the 80's. This made me feel like I was that kid sitting in the theatre watching those movies for the first time and I really enjoyed it. And it really was 2 hours of callbacks to my childhood.

The story was a bit weak and they really didn't cover to much new ground. There are also some strange awkward moments which make little sense for the overall story.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: December 03, 2021, 11:04:19 AM

My boy and I had a blast.

Someone will be along shortly to tell us how we're wrong and this was terrible. Please take your ticket.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Ghostbusters: Afterlife  
Jump to: