Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:19:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Finland - anyone been? suggestions? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Finland - anyone been? suggestions?  (Read 5050 times)
Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

on: November 18, 2019, 02:21:15 PM

I will be in Finland May 18 to 25th-ish in 2020.  I am riding my girlfriend's coattails yet again (last year I followed her to Portugal) as she will be attending a Education conference in Turku Finland.  We plan to spend maybe 7-10 days there. Probably show up before the conference then spend the last 3 days at Turku.  Most of the recommendations I am seeing primarily mention Helsinki.

Has anyone been?  Any suggestions of things to do, places to see? We are a fairly active couple ski/snowboard, flatwater kayak, hike, bike etc.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/things-to-do/finland/places?page=1

"There is dignity and deep satisfaction in facing life and death without the comfort of heaven or the fear of hell and in sailing toward the great abyss with a smile."
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 06:10:43 PM

find a hot tub

drink liquor out of sausages while nude with a bunch of finns

apparently that's a thing
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 08:38:31 AM

I think AO is a great resource for this sort of thing.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 11:52:42 AM

find a hot tub

Don't forget to flagellate yourself with a tree afterwards.  That's also a thing.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 06:52:29 PM

find a hot tub

Don't forget to flagellate yourself with a tree afterwards.  That's also a thing.

yes, jenny actually reminded me of that

also, eat licorice so much salty finnish licorice
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 01:14:04 AM

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 20, 2019, 01:45:24 AM

find a hot tub

yes, jenny actually reminded me of that

also, eat licorice so much salty finnish licorice

Alternatively, just stuff your mouth full of baby diarrhea, because that probably tastes better.

And I think saunas are actually more the thing in Finland and not quite as much with the hot tubs?  It only matters to the extent that your nudity means so much more in the one versus the other.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 20, 2019, 04:00:04 AM

Also, acohol.

Go on a bender beforehand and refrain from drinking to much of it while in Finland on account of it being a colossal waste of your money.

Finns go abroad to drink because Acohol is expensive as fuck in Finland. Not joking, People from Helsinki go to Estonia to get drunk on special ocassions.
Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #8 on: November 20, 2019, 09:15:06 AM

No alcohol - check. 

"There is dignity and deep satisfaction in facing life and death without the comfort of heaven or the fear of hell and in sailing toward the great abyss with a smile."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Finland - anyone been? suggestions?  
Jump to: