Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:09:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: See 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: See  (Read 2221 times)
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

on: November 07, 2019, 08:48:25 PM

Yeah, I'm gonna flog my own shit here...

Post Apocalypse. (Yeah, done to death)

Pandemic kills 99% of humanity and the rest are left blind.

Centuries later, the still blind descendants are living an iron age existence in the ruins of the former civilization. Into this, are born two kids sired by a mysterious father who can see. (Get it?)
There's an evil queen, witch hunters (because, of course there are.) and Jason Momoa.

The world building is a bit scattershot, but the premise is intriguing enough to keep me involved at the moment.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 07:41:53 AM

I don't know, the trailers looked really fucking stupid to me. Something about a race of blindfighters that just... it didn't click at all. I keep thinking I'd be taken right out of the story everytime there was fighting.

schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 07:49:10 AM

I don't know, the trailers looked really fucking stupid to me. Something about a race of blindfighters that just... it didn't click at all. I keep thinking I'd be taken right out of the story everytime there was fighting.

isn't momoa your bff

iirc you said he was basically as good as dwayne johnson, which is objectively wrong but I still remember you saying it while you were dying on the aquaman hill
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 08:36:29 AM

He's the only reason I'd consider watching this, TBH. However, I'm not about to subscribe to Apple TV+ or whatever it's called because the only thing I've seen on there that looks interesting is The Morning Show, and it doesn't look THAT interesting.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 08, 2019, 11:16:42 AM

The trailer seemed kind of dumb, yeah, and Apple + means a big nope.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 10, 2019, 08:54:42 AM

I would probably be into something like this, but why the fuck is Apple TV even a thing, fuck that.  And then they make their own content as well?

I like the idea of streaming services in general, but I feel the world only needs a few good ones.  Instead, everyone is hopping on the bandwagon and now there are billions of them.  There was a period of time there where I could get mostly anything I wanted on the three I have, but now I feel compelled more and more to find....alternative means.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 10, 2019, 09:45:44 AM

I like the idea of streaming services in general, but I feel the world only needs a few good ones.  Instead, everyone is hopping on the bandwagon and now there are billions of them.  There was a period of time there where I could get mostly anything I wanted on the three I have, but now I feel compelled more and more to find....alternative means.
Pretty much this. No one is ever going to sign up for more than a few services, which is just going to lead to more people hoisting the black flag. And once you're on those dark waters, you wonder if it's worth having ANY of the streaming services.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #7 on: November 10, 2019, 09:54:38 AM

I'm okay with a la carte streaming but I really want some kind of front end to them that centralizes authentication and billing, and also shows me how much use I'm getting out of each (or just automatically cancels the ones I haven't used in a month and renews them when they have something I want to see).   Ohhhhh, I see.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 10, 2019, 09:59:26 AM

There is still enough content on the three I have to keep me from going jolly roger for the most part, but the balance is tipping in the wrong direction.  Shit like Disney Plus is going to make it worse.  For everyone. 

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 10, 2019, 10:36:10 AM

I'm okay with a la carte streaming but I really want some kind of front end to them that centralizes authentication and billing, and also shows me how much use I'm getting out of each (or just automatically cancels the ones I haven't used in a month and renews them when they have something I want to see).   Ohhhhh, I see.

Amazon Prime does something like this, at least with HBO and a few others. Very easy to quickly sign up, and also (surprisingly) very easy to cancel from one panel, although I don't think anybody autocancels -- you are on your own with that. But since things like HBO are signed up for a month at a time, you can sign up and cancel pretty much immediately and still get your month, and they will send you a notification when said month is up too.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #10 on: November 10, 2019, 11:39:55 AM

Both YoutubeTV and fuboTV are the same as Amazon Prime in that regard. You can add on other services like Starz or Shudder or HBO so that it bills through Youtube or whatever. Of course, none of them have all the services because of agreements and shit. And some of the services aren't the full deal (like I discovered after I subbed to Shudder through YoutubeTV that not all the content is on YoutubeTV and it hasn't added YTTV as a log-in provider on the Shudder web site yet).

Basically, we are getting to the point where we need a cable subscription again to consolidate all these services for convenience.  why so serious?

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #11 on: December 09, 2019, 08:52:57 PM

Ok. The season is done. Decent world-building, fuck-you cliffhanger ending.

All of you cheap bitches that don’t want to give us your money can sign up for the free week and binge it. It’s only eight episodes.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: See  
Jump to: