Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:15:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Daybreak (Netflix) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Daybreak (Netflix)  (Read 3315 times)
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

on: October 24, 2019, 08:28:14 PM

This shouldn't be as much fun as it is. It is terrible by any rational standard, but in that campy terribad way that wraps back around to being fun. Post apocalyptic Freaks and Geeks, with a lot of John Huston thrown in. Matthew Broderick plays a significant part.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8755226/

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 08:34:56 PM

I saw the trailer for that one and it looked stupid enough to be fun.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 11:25:02 PM

Added to my list.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 11:57:54 PM

One episode in and if someone doesn't like this show I'm prepared to fight them in the parking lot over it.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 02, 2019, 09:30:33 PM

Binged it today. It was surprisingly enjoyable.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #5 on: November 07, 2019, 07:47:35 PM

Yeah I binged this hard. I wouldn't say its good. But I would say it sticks the landing on fun and feel good.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 24, 2019, 10:29:42 AM

Haha, love this.  “Gay Josh or other gay Josh?”

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #7 on: December 04, 2019, 04:02:09 PM

I liked this a lot, it was a lot of fun beginning to end and did some interesting things. It still could have been a lot more if it weren't focused so heavily on certain aspects of the story line (and a certain Macguffin charater).

Ending suuuucked. Total schmuck bait for season 2. That was not earned. Not GoT season 8 or Stephen King bad, but uggg, that didn't land for shit.

-Rasix
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: December 04, 2019, 06:33:51 PM

I liked this a lot, it was a lot of fun beginning to end and did some interesting things. It still could have been a lot more if it weren't focused so heavily on certain aspects of the story line (and a certain Macguffin charater).

Ending suuuucked. Total schmuck bait for season 2. That was not earned. Not GoT season 8 or Stephen King bad, but uggg, that didn't land for shit.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: December 04, 2019, 10:40:45 PM

And "cute as hell" is an understatement.  That girl eats the camera.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: December 05, 2019, 05:58:00 AM

And "cute as hell" is an understatement.  That girl eats the camera.

I saw her in interviews and she's adorable in real life. She wears glasses and comes across as a bit of a nerd.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 12, 2020, 05:31:33 PM

Apparently this got cancelled, lame.

I am the .00000001428%
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 12, 2020, 09:58:25 PM

I liked it a lot, but it ended at a place where I thought it probably wasn't going to get another season.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #13 on: January 17, 2020, 05:35:40 PM

too bad

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Daybreak (Netflix)  
Jump to: