Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:57:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Years and Years (BBC/HBO) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Years and Years (BBC/HBO)  (Read 1494 times)
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

on: May 16, 2019, 09:25:04 PM

Watch HBO trailer (looks good)
Watch BBC trailer (looks bad)

Black Mirror meets Russell T Davies (Doctor Who rebooter). A complicated family experiences 2019 to 2034 in an increasingly dystopian future Britain, after the post-Brexit rise of a populist politician.

Great reviews in the UK after its first episode premiered the other day.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 08:43:52 AM

I watched the HBO trailer, looks good. I'll wait for the whole thing to be released, then give it a look.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 04:03:31 PM

Just watched this. Six one-hour episodes. I'd recommend it for how it feels to be in the middle of the series. Fuck.

It takes current trends in populist politics and technology starting with Trump, Brexit, chip implants, digital voice assistants and social media, and advances them over the next 15 years. The story centres on a family affected by it all.

It's got that larger-than-life Torchwood feel and it's not afraid to go places. The tech and politics is a TV creator's approximation of how these things actually work, so you have to suspend disbelief and be forgiving, rather than expecting a Mr Robot level of technical literacy.

I disagreed with how it ended because I think it should have gone much harder. The things that happened really wouldn't go that way. But the middle of the journey there was excellent.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Years and Years (BBC/HBO)  
Jump to: