Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:36:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: 100+ Dead, 400+ Injured in Sri Lanka Bombing Spree. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 100+ Dead, 400+ Injured in Sri Lanka Bombing Spree.  (Read 3929 times)
SurfD
Terracotta Army

on: April 20, 2019, 11:56:34 PM

Not sure what exactly is going on, but apparently shit hit the fan earlier today in Sri Lanka.

News is reporting that at least 3 separate Churches and 3 separate Hotels were all attacked almost simultaneously, with several of the incidents pointing towards suicide bomber attacks.

https://news.sky.com/story/multiple-explosions-in-sri-lanka-reports-11699695

Revenge attack for the Australia Mosque shootings?  Something else?  And why Sri Lanka specifically?

Just all kinds of fucked up.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 06:31:19 AM

207 confirmed dead at this point.

What Australia mosque attacks?

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 08:54:06 AM

Yeah, let us keep our focus on (presumably Christian) churches being bombed by (presumably) dark people.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 12:40:34 PM

I think Chimpy is asking the question cause the recent mosque attacks happened in New Zealand not Australia.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 09:50:58 PM

Sorry yes. New Zealand, not Austrailia.  My brain knew that, the information just got a bit crossed on it's way to my keyboard.  I blame being up way too late in the morning.

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 21, 2019, 10:12:10 PM

Sorry yes. New Zealand, not Austrailia.  My brain knew that, the information just got a bit crossed on it's way to my keyboard.  I blame being up way too late in the morning.

If it was revenge for an Australian white supremist (fuck it hurts me to write that) attack on a New Zealand mosque, attacking churches in Sri Lanka makes no sense.

Most Aussies and Kiwis are pretty chill about those that follow Islam, unfortunately people sound bite the rabid right wingers including dumb fucks like Pauline Hanson and ex-PM Tony Abbott (whose own electorate is now advocating to have him booted from politics) and Newscorp.

I suspect that there is a lot more to the attacks on Sri Lanka than we know at this point.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #6 on: April 22, 2019, 03:09:44 AM

Well Sri Lanka does have a past filled with terror conflicts so maybe this is just a flair up.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 04:56:58 AM

Yea. Sort of strikes me as interesting that (at least to my knowledge) we are almost 24 hours past the event and nobody has tried to claim credit for it yet, though apparently they have identified the radical group behind the attacks: A somewhat low level Islamic radical group with apparently no previous history of anything more offensive than vandalizing Buddhist statuary.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: 100+ Dead, 400+ Injured in Sri Lanka Bombing Spree.  
Jump to: