Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:41:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Toy Story 4 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Toy Story 4  (Read 3166 times)
Trippy
Administrator

on: March 19, 2019, 12:17:46 PM

Teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDXYRzerjzU

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmiIUN-7qhE

Woody has always been confident about his place in the world and that his priority is taking care of his kid, whether that’s Andy or Bonnie. But when Bonnie adds a reluctant new toy called “Forky” to her room, a road trip adventure alongside old and new friends will show Woody how big the world can be for a toy. Directed by Josh Cooley (“Riley’s First Date?”) and produced by Jonas Rivera (“Inside Out,” “Up”) and Mark Nielsen (associate producer “Inside Out”), Disney•Pixar’s “Toy Story 4” ventures to U.S. theaters on June 21, 2019.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 01:51:12 PM

Why did I just issue the same groan that came from the thought of yet another "Pirates of the Caribbean" or "Shrek" movie?

Hic sunt dracones.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 02:28:27 PM

This just didn't need to be made. 

It was utter twaddle and after watching Ebbing Billboards the other night, I have little time for movies that are not sublime.

I don't even think Elena enjoyed it all that much.

Please Stop.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 05:50:08 PM

I saw it with the kids a few weeks ago; it wasn't bad but nothing to write home about.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 15, 2019, 06:10:07 PM

The worldbuilding is a nest of existential horror. The more I thought about it, the worse it got. I was also interested to see that they seem to have settled on Inside Out people. Less cartoonish and caricatured than Ratatouille and The Incredibles but still comfortably outside the uncanny valley.

But yes, the film absolutely didn't need to be made and it is a worse ending to the series than 3 was by every imaginable measure. Nothing new. Nothing important.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
BobtheSomething
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 06:11:53 PM

Eh.  Forky is my people's spirit animal.  "Trash?"
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 15, 2019, 06:44:50 PM

Yeah, I didn't really like it. If they make another one, it should be Woody and Bo Peep leading a revolt of the toys against humanity, kind of a Planet of the Apes thing.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 15, 2019, 11:27:25 PM

It was a depressing end for the series. 

You're useless, now.  Nobody loves you anymore.  Hell, they love trash people more.  Go find other useless people and wait to die with each other.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: July 16, 2019, 02:45:07 PM

Yeah, it was basically "You've had your kid, you may die now."

I wasn't a fan of that particular view.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #9 on: July 19, 2019, 03:36:14 AM

All this just makes me want to remind everybody yet again that Disney has already been doing ultra dark takes on this subject for decades: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcWeE3NMeBQ

awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Toy Story 4  
Jump to: