Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:27:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2019 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2019  (Read 61530 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #140 on: October 04, 2019, 09:43:24 AM

Enjoyable game Thursday night, marred mainly by the terrible call on Matthews. Still, one of the best pass/catch combos ever as well as an interception I'd qualify as same.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: October 04, 2019, 11:51:35 AM

You are forgetting the golden rule.  Any call against Matthews is the correct call.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #142 on: October 07, 2019, 06:08:12 AM

Is it me, or does Matt LeFleur constantly look like he is that kid in school that continuously tries to suck up to the cool kids to be their friend? Every time Rodgers came off the field, seemed like Matt followed him around asking if they were still friends.  why so serious?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #143 on: October 07, 2019, 09:31:36 AM

Yes.

The only game I got to watch was that Packers/Cowboys game and I am glad I did. The Packers finally gave the ball to Aaron Jones and HEY LOOK AT THAT, FOUR TOUCHDOWNS. I keep saying that kid is a superstar and I realize they want to manage his carries so as not to break him too soon, but at some point, you just have to feed the kid carries and let him win games. Dak threw 3 picks and though Cooper probably should have caught the first one, and there was DEFINITELY defensive holding on another one, most of those picks were Dak's fault. They were badly thrown balls or in the case of the second one, just a misread on his part. The Packers defense still can't stop the run but luckily they got so far ahead, they didn't have to. This game had WAY too many penalties, especially holding penalties - the refs really need to stop calling so many goddamn fouls, and it's especially egregious when they call some fouls (like the DPI call that Garrett challenged but didn't win) were borderline while other completely obvious fouls (like the defensive holding that led to the third INT) were just ignored.

Jay Gruden is out, which everyone knew was going to happen at some point this season. The Washington Racial Slurs are just awful in every way, but he's never shown the slightest ability to coach the team beyond its terrible composition.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: October 07, 2019, 09:57:46 AM

Other than the fluke TD play, the Skins were so bad. They did manage to keep Winovich under control, so the old lady wasn't happy. The main repeating quote was 'welp, lil Grude, if you hadn't blown both your red flags in the first couple minutes...'.

What's the line on lil Grude being hired by the Raiders?  why so serious?
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: October 07, 2019, 10:10:41 AM

I wonder what it would take for the NFL to force Snyder so sell.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: October 07, 2019, 11:18:49 AM

Fewer racist old white male owners.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: October 08, 2019, 06:44:47 AM

The old lady (Pats fan) is learning what it's like to like the Browns  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Gotta give cred to Bosa, holy carp.
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: October 08, 2019, 07:56:43 AM

Good to see we are back to our roots.

I wouldn't be shocked if Freddy gets sacked at the end of the year. He looks visibly in over his head every game, save the Ravens game. No team with this kinda talent should be playing this badly, O-line aside. This is just straight up being out-coached every game.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #149 on: October 08, 2019, 08:01:15 AM

It doesn't help that every time Mayfield feels the slightest bit of pressure, he loses his goddamn mind. His throws under duress are terrible, both mechanically and from a decision-making standpoint. Garropolo also looked like shit - way too many of his throws were low and barely catchable but he didn't really need to be good with that run game and that defense.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #150 on: October 08, 2019, 08:56:58 AM

Cowboys are doing that thing where Dak looks amazing for 2 games then shit for 2 games. Mostly because Zeke is doing absolutely nothing this season, right after being paid. The loser.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: October 08, 2019, 09:31:36 AM

Well, also because Dak has never been as good as his hype, IMO.  But I think we have had the same conversation before.  Same with Mayfield.  And they both may end up being top tier, the talent is probably there.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #152 on: October 08, 2019, 09:54:40 AM

Dak's a great QB when you give him all the tools. When the O-line starts to slip or his RB isn't doing the job, he's not going to win a game on his own. Especially against a much better QB in Rodgers.

But that's a side note, because the Cowboys schedule isn't that tough. The division is pretty bad. Eagles lost to the Falcons for heaven's sake, and the Giants already got blasted by us early on. Oh and the Redskins have a bagel right now.

If they can go 3-4 in the games with their non-division opponents (Bears, Rams, Vikes, Pats, Lions, Jets, Bills), then win 3 of the 4 remaining division games? They'll clinch the NFC East easily with 9 wins.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #153 on: October 08, 2019, 10:05:28 AM

And then lose in the playoffs, which will finally get Jason Garrett fired.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #154 on: October 08, 2019, 10:58:21 AM

Hahahaha, no. Nothing short of Jerry Jones death will get that ginger handpuppet fired.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: October 08, 2019, 11:04:03 AM

Hahahaha, no. Nothing short of Jerry Jones death will get that ginger handpuppet fired.

Deal.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #156 on: October 08, 2019, 11:14:09 AM

I'm sure Jones would fire Garrett if he could find somebody better that is willing to work for him.

Oh, hey, I hear Jay Gruden is available right now awesome, for real
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #157 on: October 08, 2019, 11:20:20 AM

I actually think everyone has been talking about this Kellen Moore kid that is Dallas' new OC that Jerry might actually fire Garrett and replace him with the new hotness. The dude doesn't look like he's old enough to shave yet but then neither did Garrett when he got hired.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #158 on: October 08, 2019, 12:40:09 PM

I actually think everyone has been talking about this Kellen Moore kid that is Dallas' new OC that Jerry might actually fire Garrett and replace him with the new hotness. The dude doesn't look like he's old enough to shave yet but then neither did Garrett when he got hired.

Everyone's hunting for the next Sean McVay, so why not? Can't be worse than Garrett who I'm pretty sure does absolutely nothing but look confused on the sidelines.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: October 08, 2019, 10:44:36 PM

I think people sorta forget that 95% of a head coach's job is done outside of game time.  I am not arguing any particular point other than to say what a guy does on the sidelines is only a small part of what it takes to be a good coach.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: October 09, 2019, 07:59:11 AM

Maybe the Browns can get Josh McDaniels to coach next year  why so serious?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #161 on: October 14, 2019, 08:49:13 AM

The Rams have been well and truly figured out, I think. Their defense is still top 10 but their offense has been fucking awful. Not to diminish the 49ers defense, which looks like it is also top notch, but the Rams offense has just been abysmal. They can't pass protect and Goff looks absolutely shell-shocked when he drops back. Their running game seems to be effective in spurts but I think their playcalling may have become completely predictable, and neither McVay nor Goff seems able to adjust quickly enough. The 49ers though are going to go a long on the strength of their running game and defense, but Garropolo does not look convincing yet. He's still got less starts than Baker Mayfield but he may be on the way to being a competent game manager QB at best.

Dallas has fallen off a cliff. KC's defense, specifically their run defense, is making it very hard to win with a hobbled Mahomes. Speaking of QB injuries, Bridgewater wins against despite being only competent at best with the arm strength of an infant. I'm hesitant to say New Orleans defense is really good because it was the Jags run by Gardner Minshew II, but they keep getting it done. The Chargers seem to suck really bad now because they can't even beat a Steelers team running out a 3rd string QB.

Miami and Washington are both terrible and should just be contracted. But I guess Miami won the battle for the draft picks so... hurrah?

Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: October 14, 2019, 09:22:54 AM

Same ol' Charlie Browns. All the talent in the world, half-ass coaching. Get great coaching, have half-ass talent. Rinse and repeat till they move/get sold/stop existing.

No reason with the talent they have on the field that they should be this bad even with a shotty Oline. And even when Baker is not running from ghosts, when your receivers drop a pass that hits them in the hands? Cursed. There really is no other explanation for it. Even if Ktichens gets the boot, no coach worth a damn is coming here with the history going on in this town.

Good to be a back-to-normal Browns fan. why so serious?

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: October 14, 2019, 08:07:53 PM

JFC the officiating in the Lions/Pack game is terrible. In a few minutes I watched a bad call give the Pack 7 pts and then a no-call take 3 away from the Lions. Game ruined for us, who cares how well or poorly the teams are playing if the refs decide the game?

Fuck this shit! Fire em all, festoon the field with cameras and RFID sensors, call it all from NY.

edit: holy shit they called ANOTHER bad hands to the face on Flowers, just to put the game away. Ye gods.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 08:42:52 PM by Sky »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #164 on: October 14, 2019, 08:57:19 PM

You know I'm a Packers fan but yeah... goddamn were those both some serious bullshit calls. The Packers deserved to lose that game because they kept stumbling over their own dicks. The refs were trying to make up the for the Fail Mary play is the only thing I can figure. Trey Flowers has every right to be pissed as fuck.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: October 15, 2019, 04:33:15 PM

On the upside, the old lady now understands why people get so salty about the officiating at times!
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: October 15, 2019, 04:50:00 PM

I love how everyone is crowing about how awful the ref's were while just getting done shitting all over Mayfield for saying the same thing Sunday night.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #167 on: October 15, 2019, 06:54:17 PM

I didn't watch the Browns lose again but if he was bitching about shit officiating, Mayfield was probably right.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: October 16, 2019, 12:20:12 PM

Yeah we turned that game off early.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #169 on: October 16, 2019, 01:48:08 PM

It might just be the difference between a Sunday game and a Monday game.  Not a lot of people watched the Browns game since there was so much else on.  The Packers/Lions game was the only thing on Monday so a lot more of us watched it and noticed the shitty penalty calls.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #170 on: October 16, 2019, 02:30:04 PM

Jalen Ramsey goes to the Rams for 2 first-round picks and another 4th rounder. The Rams first traded Marcus Peters to the Ravens, who needed the cornerback help.

It won't help the Rams offense, which is butt right now.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #171 on: October 17, 2019, 11:09:52 AM

I honestly don't know what the Rams are thinking with the move. Even at 3-3 their division is stacked and they have to leapfrog at least 1 team if not two to get into the playoffs.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: October 22, 2019, 06:14:37 AM

"I'm seeing ghosts..." - Darnold

Dont'a Hightower grins when told in the post-game.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #173 on: October 22, 2019, 07:44:17 AM

At least the Packers won big this weekend. Otherwise, it was a terrible weekend to watch football. The Eagles royally shit the bed against the Cowboys, and it's becoming pretty clear that whatever MVP magic Carson Wentz has, it's been beaten out of him. I watched the Saints beat the Bears, whose good defense couldn't stand up to the fact that their offense is shit. Somehow they can't get a running game going, despite having Tarik Cohen and a pretty decent rookie in there (though why they let Jordan Howard go, I'll never figure out).

That Pats/Jets game should not have been on public access TV, much less the big stage of Monday night.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #174 on: October 22, 2019, 08:19:32 AM

Apparently the Redskins - 49ers game was the shortest game in a decade.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2019  
Jump to: