Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:46:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2019 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2019  (Read 60871 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #35 on: August 25, 2019, 11:06:14 AM

I can hardly blame the guy. He has had a litany of horrific injuries. Trying to play through all of them, then having to have multiple surgeries and rehab from each of those has to take a serious mental toll.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #36 on: August 25, 2019, 04:23:58 PM

I will never stop beating the O-line drum. So critically important, can turn a good quarterback into a great one...or a mediocre one.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: August 25, 2019, 10:18:18 PM

While true, the truly great ones will find a way to transcend those short-comings.  For me, Luck was a guy who had all the talent to do that, but never quite did.  But good on him for making a tough call and going out on his terms.  And hey, the guy will always be at the top of the list for the next decade of guys who could swoop in from retirement and improve your team.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: August 26, 2019, 05:44:46 AM

Colts fans boo him walking off the field the other day. That's why you fuckheads only got one Superbowl out of 19 years of Manning/Luck. Yeah and Ryan Grigson. Also your owner being a coke addled disaster probably doesn't help.

Or maybe it's karma for whining about deflated footballs? (Smug Pats fan mode ...engage!)

Good on Andrew Luck. This game is stupidly violent. It's a miracle they make it out of college or high school for that matter.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 05:46:48 AM by Shannow »

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: August 26, 2019, 06:54:44 AM

While true, the truly great ones will find a way to transcend those short-comings.  For me, Luck was a guy who had all the talent to do that, but never quite did.  But good on him for making a tough call and going out on his terms.  And hey, the guy will always be at the top of the list for the next decade of guys who could swoop in from retirement and improve your team.

Every great QB has at least an average online. You'll never find a successful QB if their OLine is dog shit like the Giants Oline has been for 7 years or an Oline like the Cardinals have right now (and maybe the Browns).
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: August 26, 2019, 07:14:47 AM

I don’t think that is true.  I think it is more accurate to say that good and even very good QBs need good O Lines.  The great QBs find a way.  Tom Brady has not had a great O Line ever goddamn year of his career.  The dude has a fucking crazy fast ability to read defenses and get rid of the ball.  Etc.  Has Aaron Rodgers ever had what would be called a Great O Line?  I am thinking not so much, and yet we all agree he is one of the best ever.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #41 on: August 26, 2019, 07:29:05 AM

Actually, yes, Rodgers did have a great O line for a stretch of about 2-4 years, starting with the year they won the Super Bowl. It wasn't 5 HOF level players, but the group that had T.J. Lang, Josh Sitton and Bryan Bulaga was a great O line. Problem is you only get about 2-4 years of that line together before guys start to age out, get hurt and decline.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: August 26, 2019, 07:32:43 AM

While the Pats don't have a 'great' o-line, it's a position that they draft high on (Light, Solder, Mankins etc) and constantly look for different ways to improve (college wrestler's , random Euros etc).

They also have probably the best o-line coach in the game, Dante Scarnecchia. A guy so important that when he retired they made him unretire after one year. Brady and the Pats success has almost always been in direct correlation with the health of their o-line.

God knows I'd prbbaly get murdered for this by other Pats fans but is Brady this great on another team? However same goes for Belichek. That combo has been a perfect storm.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 07:34:43 AM by Shannow »

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: August 26, 2019, 07:41:25 AM

There are a lot of moving parts that make the Pats work, from ownership to culture to how they fill out the roster. Pull any part of it and it all falls apart, which is why the Brady/Belichick disciples don't get a lot of traction elsewhere. Look at the pushback Patricia had trying to make the Lions adopt the Pats culture. You need all that stuff to make 'next man up' work, and that's the key to the longevity they've had.

I'm a Pats fan and agree. Those two Hall of Famers would likely still be HoF'ers, but not legends and arguably goats.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #44 on: August 26, 2019, 09:36:52 AM

It's weird that he would quit now since 2018 was arguably his best year. He took the fewest sacks, had the best ratings, and got very near his high in TDs for a season. They won a playoff game, and they probably could have won a second playoff game, but the KC offensive buzzsaw absolutely demolished their defense, and their offense had the worst game of the season. I think if they don't implode in the first quarter, that game gets much more interesting.

I honestly think he should take a year off, get healthy, and go play for Bruce Arians down in Tampa won't Jameis gets thrown off the team.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: August 26, 2019, 05:43:24 PM

My dopey gambling friend lost $1000 USD on a Luck MVP Vegas bet  why so serious?
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: August 29, 2019, 08:30:39 AM

I was surprised to see the Browns cut Strong, I felt he had potential. But watching the video of Kitchens talking about it, he immediately talked about the offensive and defensive line positions. Which is at least a good thing, given all the press for the WR stuff.
WayAbvPar

Reply #47 on: August 31, 2019, 10:20:37 AM

Hearing Clowney is coming to Seattle for a 3rd rounder, a backup LB, and Barkevious Mingo, who was 100% going to get cut today. John Schneider is a fucking wizard.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: August 31, 2019, 10:30:38 AM

With a name like Barkevious Mingo, you’re probably better suited to other professions.  Like Minister of Muggle Affairs or something.

Pretty big coup.  Schneider is one of the best in the league, that’s for sure.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #49 on: August 31, 2019, 02:30:19 PM

Too bad he can't hire an offensive coordinator worth a shit, though.  why so serious?

WayAbvPar

Reply #50 on: August 31, 2019, 02:48:24 PM

Too bad he can't hire an offensive coordinator worth a shit, though.  why so serious?

Truth.  Heartbreak

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: September 05, 2019, 02:36:24 PM

Aaand Brown didn't make it to the opener.

awesome, for real
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #52 on: September 05, 2019, 08:38:25 PM

Goddamn, both these teams offenses looked like shit. Rodgers was clearly rusty, and the Packers O line looks like shit, especially at the guard positions. Luckily, our defense finally seems to be worth a fuck.

And can I just fuck the NFL for allowing challenges on pass interference, especially on non-call PI? That's just the dumbest fucking solution to the issue that happened in the NFC Championship game, and it grinds play to a half much worse than even normal challenges. JUST STOP IT, NFL. Not every problem can be solved with yet another fucking replay.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: September 05, 2019, 10:31:08 PM

Aaand Brown didn't make it to the opener.

awesome, for real

Breaking News:  New evidence surfaces that every WR in the NFL is a complete douche.

Okay, maybe not all of them.  But man, there is just about nothing I find more nauseating in today's NFL than the emergence of all the divas at that position.  Just using the word 'diva' to describe a football player makes me barf in my mouth a little.  The rule changes have made them all feel like they are gifted, special snowflakes.  Only a couple of them actually are.  I personally don't consider Brown one of them.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #54 on: September 06, 2019, 06:28:51 AM

Bet the NFL was reeeeeeeeal proud of that game being the opener. I didn't watch it but was eyeing the score going... Ohhhhh, I see.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #55 on: September 06, 2019, 08:52:21 AM

It was a shitshow. Hell, the Bears fans were booing the shit out of Trubisky every time they failed another drive and I mean they started that shit EARLY. By the end of the first quarter, the whole place sounded like a tomb on most plays, and it only got really loud when the Bears offense came off the field to a chorus of boos that only grew louder by the possession. We saw some great punts though.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: September 06, 2019, 10:53:10 AM

Bears defense is legit though. They just need to run the ball more. Somehow.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #57 on: September 06, 2019, 11:02:55 AM

Okay, maybe not all of them.  But man, there is just about nothing I find more nauseating in today's NFL than the emergence of all the divas at that position.  Just using the word 'diva' to describe a football player makes me barf in my mouth a little.  The rule changes have made them all feel like they are gifted, special snowflakes.  Only a couple of them actually are.  I personally don't consider Brown one of them.
Brown's stats for the previous 6 seasons were crazy good. Like maybe the best stretch ever for a WR. Averages for 2013 - 2018:

Catches: 114
Yards: 1524
TDs: 11
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: September 06, 2019, 11:06:48 AM

I know.  Does that make him the best receiver ever?  Hell fucking no.  Like all receivers in this age, he is a huge beneficiary of the rules and the NFL’s desire to have every game score at least 60 points.  Plus he is a complete prick.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: September 06, 2019, 11:56:50 AM

Bears D was fearsome, but holy crap that offense...so many penalties. The old lady likes the Pack, and she's always a wreck watching Rodgers get beat down. Every game.

Not fussed about the PI challenge thing, it doesn't take any longer than a regular challenge, and with the utter shit officiating costing big time games, there has to be some mechanism to get things right. More cameras is a good start, eventually just have NY back up the refs or reverse calls in real time.

I mean, goddamned curling put a chip in the stone to know when it crosses lines, ffs.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #60 on: September 07, 2019, 12:24:20 PM

Brown is released.

Jones is signed ($66 million for 3 years, $64 million guarenteed).

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #61 on: September 07, 2019, 04:16:16 PM

AB went to New England... as expected. Talk about bullshit.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #62 on: September 07, 2019, 04:55:03 PM

GOD... DAMN... IT.

This season is just going to be one long shit show before yet another fucking inevitable Tom Brady Super Bowl, isn't it?

Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: September 07, 2019, 05:51:09 PM

GOD... DAMN... IT.

This season is just going to be one long shit show before yet another fucking inevitable Tom Brady Super Bowl, isn't it?

Seems like it now, but I'm betting Gordon fails a test before November and AB lasts till week 4 before he does something stupid. Might actually turn out to be a NE shitshow before all is said and done.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #64 on: September 07, 2019, 08:16:44 PM

While I certainly will root for the universe to give us a very public, very ugly and very loss-filled trainwreck sideshow dumpster fire in New England, I'd say chances are much better that we get Brady a 7th Super Bowl championship than that entire bunch of assholes gets the karmic facefucking they deserve.

Just fuck everything.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: September 07, 2019, 08:19:12 PM

Thanks, Chucky!
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: September 08, 2019, 12:52:33 AM

Let me see if I understand the general sequence of events.

- AB has a beef with his former former team, no doubt realizing he will never win shit.  Probably called their rapist QB a cracker at some point.
- Got himself traded to a team that isn’t even within farting distance of second place in their division
- Suddenly realizes that his new helmet is super un-comfy.  Every other player in the league is essentially fine with it, but oh no, not a superstar diva like AB.  Controversy!
- Back and forth, back and forth.  Raiders starting to tired of the bullshit, tell AB to put his new un-comfy helmet on over that pussy he calls a face, and come to practice fucking pronto.
- AB puts on helmet.  Maybe he showed up to practice?  Who cares.  At some point he correctly calls the Raiders new GM a ‘stupid honky cracker’ or similar.
- AB makes tearful locker room apology.  Is hoping someone will post it to YouTube.  Uncertain if he called anyone a cracker, but probably.  I mean, have you seen Derek Carr.
- AB posts YouTube video of call with someone who could in theory be Jon Gruden.  Forensics experts agree that there are probably upwards of 60 million Americans who could successfully imitate Gruden’s honky cracker accent, and offer no opinion on the validity of the video. 
- Raiders understandably fucking tired.  They release AB.
- New England Patriots, a team OF crackers, BY crackers and FOR crackers, swoop in and magically pick AB up.  “Oh golly, we never imagined our luck, and of course we aren’t like in cahoots with anyone or anything no siree heh heh heh.  Heh.”
- New England, aided by the suddenly cooperative AB, complete with shitty new helmet, wins the Super Bowl against whogivesafuck by a score of 87-52.  Tom Brady MVP.  What, did AB actually think they wouldn’t give it to the cracker?

Sound about right?

Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: September 08, 2019, 01:59:51 PM

Welp, the draft is only 228 days away so there is that.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: September 08, 2019, 10:33:56 PM

Mayfield may be as good as advertised, but passing final judgement before he makes it through year two is a lesson I thought everybody had learned by now.  This happens a looooooooooot with young quarterbacks.  I am pulling for him, but we'll see.  And the same for the Browns in general.  No, they aren't going to suddenly be a top offense, that's insane.  I will happily eat a pile of crow if proven otherwise.

Ahem.  I don't want them to fail, but the expectations have been insane.  On the same token, it's just one game.  Maybe they needed a slap of reality.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #69 on: September 09, 2019, 11:42:10 AM

Your AB timeline is a little off.

AB wanted out of Pittsburgh because they are cheap cocksuckers who let their Pro Bowl RB sit all goddamn season rather than pay him what he's worth on the market. Also, his QB is a RAPIST cracker who is probably a closet racist. Also also, AB wants to go to New England where he will win a Super Bowl, but the Steelers will be goddamned before they trade him to New England.
AB goes to France for some cryotherapy, doesn't wear shoes and promptly gets the heels of his feet horribly mangled from freezing, so sits out a bunch or early practice.
AB arrives at Raiders camp in a goddamn air balloon because why not.
AB starts bitching about his helmet - it is apparently 12 years old, and helmets older than 10-years will not be certified as safe due to wear and tear and changing specs. Whole bunch of bullshit ensues, all of which is ridiculous and AB has no legs to stand on (and no feet because GODDAMN).
Some kind of helmet is found and AB comes to practice. In the interim, he skips out on a mandatory walkthrough and some other thing, and the team fines him (or threatens to with a letter). He posts the fine letter on Instagram and gets all butthurt. He goes to practice and bitches out the idiot puppet GM who used to be a mediocre TV pundit and likely calls him a cracker. THEN he records the actual Jon Gruden and posts THAT video on Instagram as well. Then he apologizes to the team. Then the Raiders tell him that because of the fines and skipped activities, his $1 million signing bonus is void and oh yes, the $30 million that was guaranteed by the contract is ALSO void, meaning he is playing on the contract he signed on a week-to-week basis. Miss a game? NO CHECK. He posts on Instagram asking to be released and the Raiders tell him to get the fuck out.
Then he signs with New England, which is what he really wanted all along.

Meanwhile, in actual games, holy shit was there a ton of trash football on Sunday. I watched 3 games, and I finished watching none of them, because none of them were competitive. The Browns looked like world beaters on the first possession, then they promptly forget to have a running game (thanks for killing my fantasy team). They also forgot how to play without giving away penalties. Seriously, by the third quarter, they had given away something like 2 football field lengths worth of penalties. Their starting left tackle got ejected for kicking a dude in the face and their backup left tackle got injured. Mayfield ends up looking like a 2nd-year QB who is trying to will his team to not suck, and failing spectacularly.

The Giants, meanwhile, still have Eli at QB, and his heir apparent is a fumble magnet. Also, the Giants defense really really blows. I don't believe Dak Prescott or Kellon Moore's offensive scheme is that good. Going to be a long year for Giants fans, complete with calls for Daniel Jones to start, where he will also suck.

The Steelers blow so hard. Who would have thought that treating your star players like field hands and favoring your bloated rapist of a QB over them would blow up in the team's faces? You know how Smith-Schuster was going to be the next big thing? Well, he still might, but he ain't going to have the kind of year he had last year without AB taking pressure off of him. And the guys around him are no Smith-Schuster. Also, fuck the Patriots so hard. This year is going to be a walk for them, isn't it? They didn't even have AB last night, and they didn't need him.

The Dolphins are fucking terribad. However, Lamar Jackson may actually be a good passer. I was reading a story about him and according to some of the advanced stats, his big game yesterday wasn't just because the Fins suck - he was actually making good throws. Even though I hate the Ravens, I hope this is true because I really want to see the racist shitgoblins who think a black running QB can't succeed as a passer in the NFL get proven wrong. Poor Big Dick Nick Foles went to Jacksonville to win a Super Bowl, and promptly got Tony Romo'ed.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2019  
Jump to: