Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:14:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: f13 Discord Movie Night 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: f13 Discord Movie Night  (Read 4207 times)
schild
Administrator

on: January 13, 2019, 10:59:14 PM

Yo. We watch movies every wednesday as a group on a free service online. It's synced, 1080p, and has chat. We can't do it directly on Discord... yet.

Anyway, if you'd like to join us, please join the discord channel. If you don't have an invite to it, message me and I will send you one.

Once in discord, message me (obviously named schild there) and I'll get you added to a private group here.

I'm hoping to make this more roundabout and confusing, but I'm not there yet.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 11:06:41 PM

Everyone who has already watched a movie with us should see the subforum now.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 10:58:24 PM

Also we've already watched Congo so that means we've got at least a few months before we need to worry about having to sit through it again.
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 11:18:42 PM

Also we've already watched Congo so that means we've got at least a few months before we need to worry about having to sit through it again.
pls note, i'm never making it red
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 11:33:44 PM

1.)  Why make a hidden sub-forum for movie night?
2.)  Add me to the sub-forum even though I never get to watch them.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 11:40:43 PM

Yeah, that's like racism against us filthy Euros who are shackled by oppressive timezones.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: January 15, 2019, 12:03:57 AM

too bad, so sad, you read the first post
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #7 on: January 15, 2019, 12:11:58 AM

Not that movie studios and the MPAA are visiting f13 or anything, but it feels like a situation where maybe a little privacy is justified. Also, since getting involved in movie night requires a friend request with schild on rabb.it anyway it's not like getting added to a private sub-forum is any extra effort.

Also I brought up the time zone thing in a thread on the sub-forum. I can't speak for schild but depending on demand and peoples' availability I would like to try to organize at least an infrequent movie night for people who aren't ever able to make the regularly scheduled one. I'd host one myself but the upload speed I get from Comcast just doesn't seem to be enough to stream 1080p through Rabb.it via Plex.
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: January 16, 2019, 06:04:01 PM

Doing a double feature tonight of Bloodsport and Kickboxer. So.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 16, 2019, 07:03:57 PM

Can we try it with Bigscreen one day?

- Viin
schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: January 16, 2019, 07:33:04 PM

I only have an Oculus Go, so probably not?
WayAbvPar

Reply #11 on: January 17, 2019, 12:30:41 AM

Ha I just caught an hour of Bloodsport on Encore yesterday. There are entire chunks of that movie I didn't remember, and I watched it 50+ times my freshman year in college.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: f13 Discord Movie Night  
Jump to: