Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:02:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: A Most Wanted Man (2014) - Philip Seymour Hoffman's last main role 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Most Wanted Man (2014) - Philip Seymour Hoffman's last main role  (Read 1719 times)
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

on: January 09, 2019, 01:17:44 PM

I am surprised this film didn't show up here, especially how liked Hoffman was.

It's a slow-burn but gripping spy thriller, set in post-911 Hamburg.

It's good, the reviews like it. There is one casting choice that is generally criticised which is Rachel McAdams playing a young lawyer. I agree with that, she is isn't very convincing. Aside from that, there isn't anything to complain about. Cinematography wise it's is very good.

The CIA reviewed the film, called it realistic (Spoiler for ending inside): https://www.cia.gov/library/center-for-the-study-of-intelligence/csi-publications/csi-studies/studies/vol-58-no-4/a-most-wanted-man-the-movie.html

Anyways, if anyone hasn't seen it, I can recommend rectifying that.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 01:28:32 PM by calapine »

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 02:37:07 PM

It's a very solid movie with an excellent cast that at the time it came out I think suffered a bit from being so close to Hoffman's death. It's probably worth revisiting, but back in 2014 it was hard to get through (not through any fault of the movie of course).
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 06:28:09 PM

I watched it around August last year. It's excellent, but not his best.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: A Most Wanted Man (2014) - Philip Seymour Hoffman's last main role  
Jump to: