Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 05:28:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Big Mouth 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Mouth  (Read 1413 times)
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

on: October 26, 2018, 05:55:09 PM

Like Bojack Horseman, this is one I initially batted away from my Netflix recommendation list because the art style turned me off.  After a hearty recommendation from my brother I gave it a shot, and it turns out it's really good.  Not Bojack good, but I binged the whole thing pretty quickly.

It's about kids going through puberty and navigating awkwardness.  Puberty is personified by the "hormone monster" who is like a fairy godmother that gives you unwanted boners and/or fits of uncontrollable rage. 

Also the ghost of Duke Ellington is a recurring character.

Rating: 0.8 Bojacks.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 07:52:16 PM

The hormone monster(s) are great.

I have not started the second season yet, but the first season was definitely entertaining.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 07:32:56 AM

+1  Heart I'm a few eps into S2 and its just a fun time.

GF likes it enough that she bought me https://www.amazon.com/Funko-Pop-Television-Collectible-Multicolor/dp/B07DFDYSLT so I'd say that's a female endorsement as well.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 07:34:27 AM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 04:54:12 AM

David Thewlis was fantastic in the second season.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Big Mouth  
Jump to: