Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:47:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: A Star is Born (2018) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Star is Born (2018)  (Read 2168 times)
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

on: October 24, 2018, 06:39:55 AM

So the husband dragged me to see this over the past weekend.  He though it was great.  I thought it was a movie.

I've apparently never seen any of the previous versions (such as the Kristopherson/Streisand version from the 70s) so I only knew the bare outlines and what I'd read in spoilers.  I mostly felt disconnected from the characters, to be honest.  Lady Gaga's voice is fantastic and I'd love to get the soundtrack sometime, but I really ended up feeling unaffected by it all.  Yeah, I got a bit teary eyed when
Anyways, despite that, I can totally see why this one will end up with awards and stuff.

Oh, and apparently I need to learn to read concession menu boards better, because I wanted a soft pretzel and ended up with this monster thing that cost me $15 to go with the $5.50 I got charged for a large bottle of water.  Damn, guess they need to gouge you to cover those matinee prices somehow.

BobtheSomething
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 07:46:35 AM

My wife and I really want to see this.  Unfortunately, I doubt we want to bring our six year old, and we're not giving up a precious babysitting night on a movie that might be a downer.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 09:29:44 AM

Saw this with the GF. It's highly predictable and pretty darn enjoyable. Music is good. Gaga can sing and so can Cooper (fuck you, you over talented stupidly handsome arsehole! Turns out he speaks French too).

soundtrack has been playing in my car for the last few days.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 11:00:49 AM

Saw this with the GF. It's highly predictable and pretty darn enjoyable. Music is good. Gaga can sing and so can Cooper (fuck you, you over talented stupidly handsome arsehole! Turns out he speaks French too).

soundtrack has been playing in my car for the last few days.

He also co-wrote several of the songs in the movie with the Luke Nelson band (the backing band) which added to everything else, is just overkill.  His singing ability was probably the best surprise.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 02:23:26 PM

This was pretty good even though it was clearly Oscar bait.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: A Star is Born (2018)  
Jump to: