Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:16:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Board Games  |  Topic: Gloomhaven expansion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gloomhaven expansion  (Read 5290 times)
Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

on: October 19, 2018, 01:56:30 PM

This is officially up for preorder now: https://app.crowdox.com/get/gloomhaven-forgotten-circles

1 new character class. 22 new scenarios. 7 new monsters. 13 new items.

Not that most people have actually come close to finishing the content in the base box, but hey, it's more Gloomhaven.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 03:00:08 AM

Are the scenarios any different from the base game? We're now close to finishing our first run through the base game (after nearly a year of play) and I'm feeling quite a bit of fatigue with the base game now. This game arguably has a lot of content but after having played the majority of the 100 scenarios it feels very "samey".
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 05:16:06 AM

Obvious answer is to pick up Sword and Sorcery, along with its also just kick-started expansion (when ever it comes out), and play that for the next year.   why so serious?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 08:29:27 AM

He's implied that there are some new tricks available in the new scenarios. Probably the biggest change is that the scenario book is laid out in such a way that you don't know what's behind a door until you actually open it. I think that's only going to do so much for changing the "saminess" though. For me, the thing that really changed up how play felt was playing a new hero, and there's only one of those.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 07:26:02 PM

The expansion requires the new expansion class be played.  It has a unique ability that must be had to win the scenarios. By all r et potter et TSA, it will be a good expansion, but it is an expansion that I'll wait to add to the game.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Board Games  |  Topic: Gloomhaven expansion  
Jump to: