Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:08:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Board Games  |  Topic: Mezo 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mezo  (Read 5882 times)
schild
Administrator

on: September 25, 2018, 07:15:45 AM

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kolossalgames/mezo

So, Clowdus' new Kickstarter has it all. God's, subtle nods to Lovecraft, area control, spoiler voting with a full group. Whew.

Also, the price seems right.
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 10:34:14 AM

Well that's weird. They cancelled the Kickstarter even though they made their goal less than halfway through.

Anybody have any news on this? I was liking this one.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 10:48:36 AM

They canceled so they could relaunch it with extra tiers and some other changes fans were demanding.  Should be back up soon.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 10:50:19 AM

Yeah, they sent an email out about it. They're making a bunch of changes. I'm snipping out the key bits:

DAY THREE: MEZO RELAUNCH: OCT 2nd, 10 AM EST

By this morning, it was clear something was wrong with my execution. As I replied to feedback here and on BGG, I began to listen rather than defend this vision. Some of the feedback was tough to hear, but true nonetheless. Ultimately, it helped me to realize exactly what was wrong with my approach.

We have been tracking comments and are currently looking at:

Modifying and simplifying our pledge levels to include stretch goals for ALL backers, not just those that support at the highest level
  • Offering a basic pledge level of the game without plastic miniatures
  • Directly building in a pledge level for French and German backers who expressed strong interest in Mezo
  • Updating our campaign page to better illustrate how incredible this game truly is
  • Including group pledge information
  • Offering a double sided map upon relaunch, not as a stretch goal
  • And, of course, Uayeb, the god that backers unlocked today in the current campaign will be there, too
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 10:58:38 AM

Well that's good that the creator was able to put ego aside and adapt to the complaints -- can we get him into the video game industry?

awesome, for real

I'll check back with this one the 2nd.
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 11:00:36 AM

i really don't have enough good things to say about john clowdus' designs

omen is a modern masterpiece in card gaming, maybe the best game since Magic

i haven't read the new omen releases rules, but I hope they're marginally streamlined as there was a bit of fuckery with the original ruleset and a few cards that were positively absurd
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Board Games  |  Topic: Mezo  
Jump to: