Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:55:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Here Comes Florence 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Here Comes Florence  (Read 29934 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #70 on: September 14, 2018, 02:25:26 PM

5pm govt alert: FLORENCE NOW PRODUCING TROPICAL-STORM-FORCE WIND GUSTS IN FLORENCE SOUTH CAROLINA

That's my friend's area (Darlington). I should text her and see what's up

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: September 14, 2018, 06:09:07 PM

Looks like Norfolk is on the edge of this one. Brothers house should be fine.

Man the Weather channel is doing some bonkers augmented reality stuff these days. I wonder how long it takes for them to get this stuff created.

Twitter animation

Meanwhile, there are other forms of augmented reality around this storm...

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #72 on: September 14, 2018, 06:26:50 PM

Got a FB post from the team with them all standing in the neighborhood flood circle from the TWC video.  They should get some (more) awards for this.
Please edit the street sign in that to say “BUT HER EMAILS”.  Thanks.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
schild
Administrator

Reply #73 on: September 14, 2018, 06:34:24 PM

5pm govt alert: FLORENCE NOW PRODUCING TROPICAL-STORM-FORCE WIND GUSTS IN FLORENCE SOUTH CAROLINA

WaPo Alert: Irony not dead, but gasping.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: September 14, 2018, 08:48:13 PM

Look at that fucking thing - I didn't know hurricanes liked to take Sunday strolls along the beach.
Have you met my friend Harvey? Or his girl Allison?
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #75 on: September 15, 2018, 02:32:37 PM

Wow, that one projection has Florence taking a fucking Mario Kart-like slide turn around DC.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #76 on: September 15, 2018, 02:50:58 PM

As a sort of PSA:

Here you can download delineation maps produced for FEMA

http://emergency.copernicus.eu/mapping/list-of-components/EMSR311

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #77 on: October 10, 2018, 08:14:01 AM

I think we need an official storm thread or something.  So I'll just bump this one.

So yeah, Michael.  The Weather business seems good lately Yeg!

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #78 on: October 10, 2018, 09:38:39 AM

Ad revenue is nice but the real money is in business contracts.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #79 on: October 10, 2018, 09:40:39 AM

New storm is preventing me from going to Savannah again.  I'm going to wait it out and see if we can drive to Hilton Head on Thursday.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: October 10, 2018, 11:11:25 AM

New storm is preventing me from going to Savannah again.  I'm going to wait it out and see if we can drive to Hilton Head on Thursday.

I just need the airport in Atlanta to be running normally on Friday afternoon since I am connecting through there to London.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: October 10, 2018, 01:07:57 PM

Looks like it probably will be?
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: October 10, 2018, 01:12:13 PM

Looks like it probably will be?

By the forecasts it looks like the tropical storm force stuff will skirt just south of ATL. Which should mean everything will be fine by then.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
WayAbvPar

Reply #83 on: October 11, 2018, 04:43:02 PM

Saw a tweet that mentioned how curious it was that a major storm hit the most conservative part of Florida so soon after the SC appointment, and so close to a major a election. Really made me think  swamp poop

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: October 11, 2018, 06:34:06 PM

Leaving God out of it, but climate change in, welcome to the future. This motherfucker intensified out of almost nothing because of super-high sea-surface temperatures. And it pretty much wiped some communities from the map. Which will probably be complaining about why science didn't protect them when three weeks ago they were mostly complaining about why science keeps bitching about light bulbs and shit.

The latest report that says we have a decade or so to mitigate climate change? They might as well have issued a report titled, "Welcome to fucking hell, you dumb shits." Ten years, right, when we have the Prince of Nothing in power for two years at least and likely his spawn to contend with for decades. Life is not an RPG: you can beat the boss and still be dealing with shit for a long time.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: October 11, 2018, 10:13:31 PM

Or maybe it is an RPG, it's just the need/greed system is all out of whack.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
schild
Administrator

Reply #86 on: October 11, 2018, 11:10:29 PM

Leaving God out of it, but climate change in, welcome to the future. This motherfucker intensified out of almost nothing because of super-high sea-surface temperatures. And it pretty much wiped some communities from the map. Which will probably be complaining about why science didn't protect them when three weeks ago they were mostly complaining about why science keeps bitching about light bulbs and shit.

The latest report that says we have a decade or so to mitigate climate change? They might as well have issued a report titled, "Welcome to fucking hell, you dumb shits." Ten years, right, when we have the Prince of Nothing in power for two years at least and likely his spawn to contend with for decades. Life is not an RPG: you can beat the boss and still be dealing with shit for a long time.

Ok ok but hear me out

what if four out of every five major storms hit shitholes
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: October 11, 2018, 11:24:25 PM

Ok ok but hear me out

what if four out of every five major storms hit shitholes

I support this message.  Only we need to figure out how to either A) make the storms stronger, or B) spread misinformation so that the deplorables choose not to evacuate when the storms come.

Haha, who am I kidding they never evacuate.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #88 on: October 12, 2018, 08:29:42 AM

I'm going to laugh cruelly when a lot of these morons decide "I'M GOING TO REBUILD" and realize their insurance company is allowed to give them the middle finger when they expect to be able to get insurance they can afford. Because I am heartless.

Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: October 12, 2018, 10:14:55 PM

Now that you all have so indelicately broached the subject, I've been thinking it is devilishly appropriate that the new onslaught of hurricanes and tornadoes mostly blast the Red states.   Darwin at his finest.

I wondered if they would eventually wise up and admit global warming is real, but then realized they were too stupid to believe what was happening right in front of the their faces.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #90 on: October 13, 2018, 08:56:28 AM

Now that you all have so indelicately broached the subject, I've been thinking it is devilishly appropriate that the new onslaught of hurricanes and tornadoes mostly blast the Red states.   Darwin at his finest.

I wondered if they would eventually wise up and admit global warming is real, but then realized they were too stupid to believe what was happening right in front of the their faces.

Funny, I saw something regarding this topic just half an hour ago:

Link to study
Economic damage from climate change. Negative values of damage are actually gains.

(ELI5: Blue = good, Red = bad)

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #91 on: October 13, 2018, 10:16:17 AM

To be transparent about that data, those are projections for period 2080-2100 and are based on simulations. It's a very powerful chart and I would love to see the mapped differential to registered party status by county 2016.

It might seem heartless, but I have a hard time feeling anything for a population that continually votes against its own best interests.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #92 on: October 16, 2018, 12:23:03 PM

Working with weather prediction so closely, I call bullshit on anything predicted more than seven days from now.

Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: October 16, 2018, 05:10:54 PM

To be transparent about that data, those are projections for period 2080-2100 and are based on simulations. It's a very powerful chart and I would love to see the mapped differential to registered party status by county 2016.

It might seem heartless, but I have a hard time feeling anything for a population that continually votes against its own best interests.

I hear you and agree in principal. But don't forget that roughly 51% of the 58% who actually bothered their ass to vote, voted against the stupidity.  It rains (or not) on everyone no matter how you voted, karma and schadenfreude notwithstanding.

Yes, I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #94 on: November 30, 2018, 12:37:08 PM

Top-down 2018 Hurricane Season in nine minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j1_gxTnJok

Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: December 03, 2018, 05:12:21 AM

Top-down 2018 Hurricane Season in nine minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j1_gxTnJok

Thanks for the headache. Everything is moving and not moving simultaneously now.

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: December 03, 2018, 09:11:51 AM

Africa's RTS play sucks.

Hic sunt dracones.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: December 03, 2018, 01:50:20 PM

Huh? Africa's pumping out a never-ending stream of hurricane units to attack the Americas while effectively mining the harmattan. In RTS terms, well done Africa.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: December 04, 2018, 09:39:19 AM

Ya but only a few of them are getting through. Must try harder [/fatgamer]

Hic sunt dracones.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Here Comes Florence  
Jump to: