Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:50:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Board Games  |  Topic: Board Games - The Kickstartering 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Board Games - The Kickstartering  (Read 72663 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #175 on: January 22, 2021, 06:07:33 AM

Based on the short game reviews thread, nothing can stop you.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #176 on: January 22, 2021, 06:19:01 AM

This is true.  Don't look at my boardgame geek profile.   awesome, for real

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #177 on: January 26, 2021, 05:45:38 AM

DD board game looks like a shitty cash grab. Models don't even look very good.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #178 on: April 28, 2022, 08:33:51 PM

Shipping has landed a crit on CMoN. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/marvel-zombies-zombicide/comments

I like the IP and their zombicide minis, so I went in deep enough to feel this one. I think my single wave shipping was $90 and the 2-wave (fall 2022/summer 2023) was ~$135 (for a hungry level pledge). KS doomcasting incoming heh.

Of course, shipping has been irresponsibly cheap for far too long, but wow.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: April 30, 2022, 01:50:20 AM

https://gamefound.com/projects/bd-games/assault-on-doomrock-ultimate-edition?gclid=Cj0KCQjwvLOTBhCJARIsACVldV2zvj6dpmpNC979KQWYnHGEWG4L5VNIjeMLz7ezb2oAe9VtHK2yOwMaAqrqEALw_wcB

Updated doomrock crowdfunder.

Doomrock is absolutely my favourite dungeon crawler system. Better than gloomhaven, which I think works better as a PC game. The key is how it completely dumps movement grids and just says every object is either near (melee range) or far from every other object. The result feels more cinematic than anything I've played elsewhere, Legolas never had an issue that he could only shoot something 4 squares away.

It is, unfortunately, much much uglier than even gloomhaven. The art is possibly the worst I've ever seen from anything I have been willing to play.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
schild
Administrator

Reply #180 on: April 30, 2022, 08:27:27 AM

https://gamefound.com/projects/bd-games/assault-on-doomrock-ultimate-edition?gclid=Cj0KCQjwvLOTBhCJARIsACVldV2zvj6dpmpNC979KQWYnHGEWG4L5VNIjeMLz7ezb2oAe9VtHK2yOwMaAqrqEALw_wcB

Updated doomrock crowdfunder.

Doomrock is absolutely my favourite dungeon crawler system. Better than gloomhaven, which I think works better as a PC game. The key is how it completely dumps movement grids and just says every object is either near (melee range) or far from every other object. The result feels more cinematic than anything I've played elsewhere, Legolas never had an issue that he could only shoot something 4 squares away.

It is, unfortunately, much much uglier than even gloomhaven. The art is possibly the worst I've ever seen from anything I have been willing to play.

that's funny because I think Gloomhaven for its budget and money has shit art and doomrock at least tried.

Anyway in a world of Circadian, I can't really be angry about this art.

But I am a little miffed about the garbage ass price. I'm not sure I'm backing it even though I've heard nothing but good.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #181 on: June 06, 2022, 09:15:50 AM

Got in my Massive Darkness 2 stuff. Much like the original, I enjoy this game. Very simple to play, and the rules make sense. In my initial session I only had a single question about rules and made my best guess...and guessed correctly (which was also the case with the original). Classes work way better and far less fiddly, definitely going to upgrade the original box as I don't miss any mechanics from it. Having the conversion box and the crossover box for Zombicide fantasy stuff (and also the slew of KS stuff) means tons of variety for dungeon crawling.

Playing vanilla core box at first, then plan on adding the MD2 content, then the expansion stuff, then port the original, then bring in the Zombicide stuff. I may even leave the fantasy zombicide stuff converted and stored with the MD2 stuff, as I prefer the moderncide much more.

No regerts on snagging all the gameplay extras, I missed a couple boxes from MD1 that are hard to find now. Even stoked about the insanity of the MLP/Carebear expansion. What else can you do after defeating the Dukes of Hell and then the 4 Horsemen? Take on true evil!
schild
Administrator

Reply #182 on: June 06, 2022, 09:28:56 AM

Glad it's for somebody.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #183 on: October 16, 2022, 07:48:13 AM

CMoN has a cool Iron Maiden character set coming out (3 boxes + 1 promo) that looks like it works across most of their mini games.

Price is 66.60 (clever, and $20/box is not outrageous in cmon land), but shipping from GA to NY is $23 for these small, light boxes.

Shipping is going to strangle CMoN. They have another Cthulhu DMD box coming out on KS soon, and that game is pretty cool...but shipping will likely be in the $100 range again.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Board Games  |  Topic: Board Games - The Kickstartering  
Jump to: