Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:12:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Diablo Netflix series 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diablo Netflix series  (Read 2550 times)
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

on: September 05, 2018, 03:13:25 PM

It looks like we might be getting a Netflix series based on Blizzard's Diablo series.  No real details yet.  Hopefully they will announce something at this year's Blizzcon.

https://screenrant.com/diablo-tv-show-netflix-rumors/
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 04:51:27 PM

Well, from what I have seen of the first season of Netflix Castlevania, they seemed to do pretty well with that source material.  I can totally see them being able to get several quality seasons out of Diablo.  Hell, if they are allowed to do stuff based on the story for all 3 existing games, that would easily be enough material for probably five or six twelve epsisode seasons.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 05:48:50 PM

NEPHALEM, I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR LAME ASS STORY
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 05:50:12 AM

I hope the guy who wrote the story for Diabolo 3 writes the script.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 10:58:28 AM

Triggered

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
WayAbvPar

Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 03:24:28 PM

S1 E1 The Auction House

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 06, 2018, 04:05:11 PM

Heart awesome, for real

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: September 06, 2018, 04:06:59 PM

Heh it'll be more subtle

s01e01.Natalyas.Deathly.Treads
Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 09, 2018, 11:43:06 PM

I'm wracking my brain trying to think of anything resembling enough story for a series.

I guess they could spend a few episodes on all the crap that happens in Tristram before the Wanderer shows up.  The bishop leading the king down the path of madness, the sacrifice of the prince, etc.

There's going to have to be a joke about finding a Stone of Jordan and a character saying "I bet we can trade this for something amazing!"

Must get the guy who does Deckard Cain to narrate.  Bonus points of he does massive expostion dumps over an action montage.

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 10, 2018, 07:39:10 PM

I'm wracking my brain trying to think of anything resembling enough story for a series.

I guess they could spend a few episodes on all the crap that happens in Tristram before the Wanderer shows up.  The bishop leading the king down the path of madness, the sacrifice of the prince, etc.

There's going to have to be a joke about finding a Stone of Jordan and a character saying "I bet we can trade this for something amazing!"

Must get the guy who does Deckard Cain to narrate.  Bonus points of he does massive expostion dumps over an action montage.

Don't be knowingly stupid.  Anyone with a pen could write a story based on the fiction provided by the games, the only question is if the story will be good but there is plenty of raw material for one.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 12, 2018, 08:35:06 AM

S1 E1 The Auction House

Stay awhile and listen.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Diablo Netflix series  
Jump to: