Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:21:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Conan Exiles  |  Topic: Speccing 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Speccing  (Read 9457 times)
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

on: June 27, 2018, 12:56:18 PM

Just curious how other people allocate their points/feats.  Seems like respeccing is pretty easy with the yellow lotus potion but I haven't spent enough time experimenting with different weapons and stats and whatnot.  I bought the first perk in each attribute since that's pretty cheap but past that it slows down quite a bit and I'm not sure which direction to go in.

Like, is a bow and arrow viable as a primary weapon if you put enough points into it, or is it always going to be a secondary thing you only use for pulling or perching?  Is there a point of diminishing returns on stuff like encumbrance (which since I spend so much time gathering rocks is what I tend to want to put most of my points into)?

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 01:32:55 PM

following..:D

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 01:42:50 PM

I've done Encumbrance, Vitality and some Strength.  I think that's all.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 02:02:34 PM

I went Encumberance, got my Vitality to 30 for the passive health regen and strength in the 20's for the damage. Survival I got to 10 because I didn't want to keep getting food poisoning from actually eating raw meat (usually accidentally). I did get I think it's Grit up high enough to negate some of the effects of extreme temps.

Archery I think can be a viable non-PVP weapon, since taking down many of the bosses requires kiting them or exploiting terrain effects.

Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 03:56:46 PM

Stats:  working from memory here, but not including bonuses I think I'm at 30 str, 10 agi, 30 vitality, 30 grit, and 22 encumbrance

Feats you can plan on re-speccing a couple of times at least.  Pick whatever weapon skills you want levelling up, then when you reach max level re-spec and dump whatever you're not using.  You only need to be able to craft the weapon you're using to be able to repair it.  Similarly, once you're at end-game weapons that you've learned recipes from tablets for, you can dump pretty much all the weapon crafting feats except the level 60 epic part feat.   One more reason I like using Telith's 2H/1H weapons; both take the long haft to craft rather than long and short.

Other feats you might want once to get the journey step for - trebuchets, planter boxes, witchfire, etc - and then you can dump them if you never plan to use them again.

End-game I've got more crafting feats than anything else, to make the ol' fortress more purty  Ohhhhh, I see.  Still can't build a goddamn roof properly for all that.

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 01:14:10 PM

Like, is a bow and arrow viable as a primary weapon if you put enough points into it

Answering my own question: after pumping a lot of points into accuracy, it's at the point now where if I really wanted to I could kill most stuff with a bow... but for stuff that isn't big enough to hit me back, poking it with a stick is still vastly superior.

The accuracy boost is making it noticeably more pleasant to plink big things to death with snake arrows, though.  Re-did the Dregs the other day so I could get the recipes I missed on my first run, and dropped the Remnant very quickly by standing in a safe spot and turning him into a pincushion.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 25, 2018, 01:21:30 PM

30 vitality strikes me as the only absolutely required thing.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #7 on: July 25, 2018, 02:29:00 PM

30 vitality strikes me as the only absolutely required thing.

I stopped playing a little while ago, but 50 Encumbrance after playing for 40+ hours without it was just pure joy.
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: July 25, 2018, 04:29:26 PM

you should start playing again you butt
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #9 on: July 25, 2018, 04:42:28 PM

Getting the first strength perk (double truncheon damage) is pretty important IMO.  

I was pretty excited about the raw meat perk when I first got it since it lets you eat fresh meat on the run, but once you jack up your encumbrance there's no reason to not just carry full stacks of dried meat with you everywhere.  Might respec those survival points into vitality and see how it feels.

Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: July 25, 2018, 09:18:17 PM

Survival is actually my dump stat. It's just too easy to gather and cook food pretty much anywhere on the map, so I haven't missed it at all.

Plus I am just not eating hyena raw. Nope.

NDA
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Conan Exiles  |  Topic: Speccing  
Jump to: