Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:08:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: OOTP 19 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: OOTP 19  (Read 1475 times)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

on: June 24, 2018, 12:27:24 PM

Was looking into buying the 2019 update of OOTP (I have been playing the 2016 version) and wondered if any of you owned it.  I'm wondering how impactful the changes are compared to older iterations and if the update is worth buying beyond the updated rosters.  I play with fictional players, so the rosters matter not to me.

Thanks!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 02:36:06 PM

I've been real tempted to buy it because of the 3d engine they added to the game but every time I get ready to buy it, I remember how much time I didn't spend playing the previous versions.  why so serious?

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 02:41:16 PM

I've been real tempted to buy it because of the 3d engine they added to the game but every time I get ready to buy it, I remember how much time I didn't spend playing the previous versions.  why so serious?

I'm in exactly the same situation.  To be fair, I hesitate due to the crappy trade engine.  I always start a season saying that I won't exploit it and then I crack and pillage the other teams. 

If I do buy it, I'll give you my impressions.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 11:49:13 AM

Broke down and bought it.  I created a fictional league of A level players and built a team with a draft.  

A few thoughts:
The 3D engine isn't worth buying the game for.  
Some quality of life additions are nice.  (color highlighting, ease of searching, more control can be pawned off on Assistants, games seem smoother/faster)

Overall, I think it's worth the purchase for $20 but not regular price.  Especially if you want the updated rosters.  I'll post more after I get through a season or two.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 12:06:16 PM by Nebu »

-  Mark Twain
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: OOTP 19  
Jump to: