Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:12:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Conan Exiles  |  Topic: Patches / DLC / News 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patches / DLC / News  (Read 35303 times)
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #35 on: July 17, 2018, 09:07:32 PM

So the Dragon has a ton of health and kicked the hell out of me when I tried to solo.  But I've easily soloed all the other end game bosses (Barrow King, Witch Queen, Other demension lizard volcano thing, ect) except for the Kinslayer.  They all have less hit points than the world/king bosses out in the wild.  Started with a Hardened steal two handed sword, but now I switch between the special polearm you learn to make after defeating the Barrow King, and an Acheronian (or Star metal, does almost same amount of damage) great sword.  Bosses go down within a minute or two of swinging.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #36 on: July 18, 2018, 06:26:22 AM

The Kinslayer sword is much better, modded for low stamina use it's great for extended fights. Kinslayer has plenty of columns to hide behind/heal when he does his telegraphed aoe, Black Keep is just a mess to navigate
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: July 18, 2018, 07:44:51 AM

Yeah, I've just never really made an attempt.  I wasn't even max level yet and ran in to get recipies.  Videos scared me off from even trying to fight the Silent Legion, so I just got to his chamber and ran around learning all the silent legion armor recipes. 

I'm all geared and leveled up now.  Guess I should go make the attempt.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #38 on: July 18, 2018, 07:48:47 AM

You can get into the Black Keep easier by swimming under the ice to the west of the bridge. There's a cavern that comes up about halfway into the dungeon. As for the boss himself, he's slow as shit - just kite him around and you can avoid most of his swings.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: July 18, 2018, 08:17:14 AM

Actually I meant the Witch Queen. The world bosses, yeah, they're just long dull slogs. The white tiger is a bit easier.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: July 18, 2018, 08:28:16 AM

Just went and killed him.  Lol, for some reason when I was reading about it, I thought the big guy in black was just a pre-boss to the actual kinslayer.  Instead of it actually being him.  Got the heart, time to finally forge that damn sword.

-Stephen Colbert
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: July 18, 2018, 05:50:28 PM

Couple of nights ago, I stopped and watched an elk and a bear fight. After the bear won I sauntered over and skinned the elk, and got the "Kill a Boss" (or whatever) achievement.

Thanks random bear.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: July 18, 2018, 11:08:21 PM

Man, even a normal bear can beat the Elk King?  They obviously need to buff him.   awesome, for real

-Stephen Colbert
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: July 19, 2018, 08:57:51 AM

Man, even a normal bear can beat the Elk King?  They obviously need to buff him.   awesome, for real

That was my thought too. It wasn't even a long fight.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #44 on: August 02, 2018, 08:04:40 AM

DLC is for sale and the game has been patched. Star metal supposedly fixed.

Aquilonian buildings take hardened brick, shaped wood and steel reinforcements.

Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: August 02, 2018, 09:54:53 AM

Ohhh, Aquilonian is in? Okay I'm buying this one. Glad I held off building my mountain retreat.

Good DLC strategy Funcom. Here's my money.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #46 on: August 02, 2018, 12:46:54 PM

Same as Khitan then. Lazy bastards.

-Rasix
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: August 10, 2018, 07:21:05 AM

They patched the traps/hives/well bugs on testlive this morning and said "We plan to patch this to live as soon as we are convinced that the patch is stable."

Fingers crossed for their stability tests to be done today :)

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: August 13, 2018, 06:00:35 AM

Patch just got dropped.

Fixes traps/hives/wells, thrall/NPC aggro, Rotbranch not hitting people, thrall health on reboot, and stats on the Roman armor

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #49 on: August 13, 2018, 07:23:48 AM

Wooo!

What's the current status of star metal?  I just hit level 55 and am wondering if it's worth it to go meteor hunting.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: August 13, 2018, 07:29:13 AM

Wooo!

What's the current status of star metal?  I just hit level 55 and am wondering if it's worth it to go meteor hunting.

They fixed it in the previous patch. If your first explosive jar doesn’t break the meteor just skip it and find another.

I went from not having any star metal to having enough to last me until the end of time.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #51 on: August 13, 2018, 07:44:37 AM

Yeah, I ran across 3 nodes last night on my server, 2 of them broke, one of them did not.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: August 13, 2018, 08:44:31 AM

I had one the other day that didn’t break, then I went along and there were two nodes close together and they both broke on the same jar. Yay me.

Pro-tip: carry earthen jars, tar, dragon powder and make the explosive when you need it rather than pre making the jars. The weight of 5 jars worth of materials is less than one made jar.

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: August 13, 2018, 09:44:33 AM

pro-tip: using alt to set the explosive jar on uneven ground isn't always a good idea (just watched a lit jar tip over and slide down a slope before exploding...too far from the meteorite to harm it)
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: August 13, 2018, 09:49:51 AM

As long as the jar starts “touching” the meteor I have never had one roll too far to break it even when they roll like a mile and the fire is nowhere near it. That is if the rick isn’t a bugged “no break” one.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #55 on: August 13, 2018, 11:35:44 AM

I have tried putting foundations underneath the node and setting up walls to keep the jar from rolling too far. Turns it you can also move the jar sort of inside the rock itself (it looks like it's clipping through the rock) at certain points, which seems to work better than setting up boom rooms.

Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: August 13, 2018, 01:46:36 PM

I may need to be concerned about my old SDD, but this is the second patch where I've had to validate and redownload a few hundred megs of files.

Just grumping about it.
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: August 20, 2018, 12:21:48 AM

I've had to do that twice too, and another friend of mine had to re-download the whole game one time, it told him everything was corrupt.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: August 21, 2018, 06:18:28 PM

I've been playing on PVP and PVE-C servers just to see what's on offer. I am kind of feeling done with this just because Funcom cannot seem to lock down basic gameplay issues in patches. They fix a thing and then slowly over a week or more, the fix unravels bit by bit. On the 14th, aggro was vigorous; yesterday I'd wander into an area where I'd expect to be assaulted by NPCs or monsters and they'd just stand there. There were a variety of spawns on the 14th; now we're back to the usual non-spawns or repetitive spawns. Etc.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #59 on: August 22, 2018, 12:08:14 AM

They're going to make us feed thralls. That may be a game killer unless we can turn it off server side.

-Rasix
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: August 22, 2018, 04:13:09 AM

I did wonder about that.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: August 22, 2018, 06:28:54 AM

They're going to make us feed thralls. That may be a game killer unless we can turn it off server side.

This.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: August 22, 2018, 08:33:50 AM

It's their way of getting rid of the thralls in the sky on other servers--when stuff decays, the thralls stay. It's a crude fix.
schild
Administrator

Reply #63 on: August 22, 2018, 08:46:08 AM

I thought they said thralls in bases didn't have to be fed.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: August 22, 2018, 08:53:58 AM

the question is then, how do they define a base.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: August 22, 2018, 09:13:32 AM

the question is then, how do they define a base.

I assume they will use “in the no spawn radius” of construction.

Of course, if I put a thrall in the center of the floor of the colusseum that would possibly be outside said radius  ACK!

Regardless, it is funcom so they will cock it up somehow.

Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: October 04, 2018, 06:51:04 PM

So the patch is in (and I haven't downloaded it yet). Are we feeding the thralls or turning it off? I'm actually okay with having to feed them, but I know I tend to be in the minority on such things.

I do like that we can bait traps for type of fish now. I need more oil.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: October 04, 2018, 06:53:47 PM

If you need oil, just go harvest one of my fish factories. I haven't harvested a trap in eons and I have 2 presses nearby to mass produce oil.

Pretty sure schild said he was going to turn off thrall feeding.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Conan Exiles  |  Topic: Patches / DLC / News  
Jump to: