Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:21:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Jurassic World Evolution 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jurassic World Evolution  (Read 3475 times)
Baldrake
Terracotta Army

on: May 14, 2018, 06:45:23 PM

So, Jurassic World Evolution. This looks like a park-management sim game, with dinosaurs. Developer is Frontier Developments, which of course does Elite: Dangerous, and to my surprise also did RollerCoaster Tycoon 3.

Reading their forums is hilarious because 1) obsessive discussion of a game that hasn't been released yet, and 2) OMG some people know a lot about dinosaurs.

I might just break my usual rule and buy this one on release.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 07:51:41 AM

The T-Rex is getting out. Every time.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 04:48:21 AM

Doe sit have Trex's in F14s?

Hic sunt dracones.
Pagz
Terracotta Army

I AM GOING TO WRESTLE THIS BEAR WITH MY BARE HANDS!

Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 03:57:13 AM

I still play operation genesis probably once a year so can't wait for this to release.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 05:08:51 AM

Developer is Frontier Developments, which of course does Elite: Dangerous, and to my surprise also did RollerCoaster Tycoon 3.

They only did the Mac version of RollerCoaster Tycoon 3. But they went on to develop popular rollercoaster park simulator Planet Coaster, which is their other current game alongside Elite: Dangerous. As an E:D player, it's always weird that the community managers are simultaneously looking after these two totally different types of player communities, and must always appear to love them equally.
Baldrake
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 08:06:13 AM

Interesting. And yet, I think these communities may overlap. I'd bet there are a lot of people playing E:D because they enjoy the space sim and less because they're into the pew pew. Someone did a poll a while back that showed the E:D crowd to be surprisingly old. (Went looking for the poll but couldn't find it...)
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 10:46:32 PM

Yeah the E:D crowd has many who once played the original Elite in the 1980s, who always dreamed of a massively multiplayer version, and are now 40+. Cue terms like "Forum Dads" and jokes about players having E:D and ED. I think Jurassic World Evolution might have more crossover appeal than Planet Coaster did.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 11:54:54 AM

Watching ObsidianAnt preview the game today and got to say, I am suddenly interested. Looks really good and huge scope of controls.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Baldrake
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 12, 2018, 08:34:13 AM

IGN was underwhelmed with a score of 4.8/10.
Jurassic World: Evolution is a bad game because it’s just a bore of a park sim. Sure, the dinosaurs look nice enough, but the process of unlocking new species is beyond tedious and actually running the business is shallow and quickly gets stale.
One of the funnier reviews I've read.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 12, 2018, 09:21:40 AM

IGN was underwhelmed with a score of 4.8/10.
Jurassic World: Evolution is a bad game because it’s just a bore of a park sim. Sure, the dinosaurs look nice enough, but the process of unlocking new species is beyond tedious and actually running the business is shallow and quickly gets stale.
One of the funnier reviews I've read.

It seems to be an outlier.  Most reviews so far are pretty good and it a Very Positive rating on Steam.  Besides, who the hell cares what IGN thinks of a game these days?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/jurassic-world-evolution
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #10 on: June 12, 2018, 09:40:35 AM

Not a lot of reviews to go off of yet, and Steam unlocked later than the console versions I think so anybody reviewing it hasn't spent that much time with it. Going to wait and see on this one.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 12, 2018, 01:36:01 PM

Not a lot of reviews to go off of yet, and Steam unlocked later than the console versions I think so anybody reviewing it hasn't spent that much time with it. Going to wait and see on this one.

It looks interesting but I'll wait awhile for a sale. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Jurassic World Evolution  
Jump to: