Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:05:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: (Lemony Snicket's) A Series of Unfortunate Events 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: (Lemony Snicket's) A Series of Unfortunate Events  (Read 1717 times)
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

on: April 09, 2018, 10:46:27 AM

This Netflix series is two seasons in and tells the tale of the lengthy Children's (?) book series in an amusing way. It is reasonably faithful to the source material with tweaks for television. 

It is one part Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog, one part Dr. Suess, and one part Crime and Punishment (ok, not really - but one part pseudo depressing). 

It is not for small kids, but it should be enjoyable for 3rd graders through adults (if they have a bit of a twisted streak).

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
pants
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 05:04:25 PM

Yup, my 7 and 11 year olds are devouring this right now.  They love it.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 01:47:46 AM

Ditto for Elena and parental units.  It's really, really good.  NPH does his usual turn of fun and all the supporting cast are awesome, with some rather fun turns.

Snicket himself is brilliant in every way, shape and form and the dedications to his dead wife at the start crack me up EVERY TIME.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 09:26:30 PM

I don't know anything about this, but I am watching the fiirst episode right now.

Heart/ ACK!/ awesome, for real

sums up my reaction so far.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: (Lemony Snicket's) A Series of Unfortunate Events  
Jump to: