Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:47:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: The Division 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Division 2  (Read 38348 times)
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #105 on: February 19, 2020, 06:25:33 PM

They probably will, as at the end of the Coney missions, he's basically telling you to go fuck yourself.

I want an expansion that lets me play as my original D1 agent if I want and I want to drop a fucking building on that bitch.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #106 on: February 23, 2020, 12:03:31 PM

Apparently, we're getting our wish.

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/the-division/the-division-2/expansion/warlords-of-new-york

It's not the original D1 map, it's lower Manhattan, and shit hasn't gone too well for the Division as Keener has fucked a lot of shit up down there.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #107 on: February 23, 2020, 01:32:45 PM

So, basically what started in the Division 1 with "Diablo 3-ing the fuck" out of the game comes to a climax with this expansion. They're fully embracing seasonal events, paragon level infinite progression, and an item overall to make things better.

I'm actually pretty psyched. Maybe I'll get that year one pass after all.
This looks like a good summary of what's coming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2rVYqyVlRE
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #108 on: February 26, 2020, 08:52:34 PM

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #109 on: February 27, 2020, 02:45:25 PM

They should probably have made the free weekend AFTER the loot changes. I mean, that's the game any converts would be playing?

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #110 on: March 02, 2020, 09:23:04 PM

Servers exploded.

Edit: apparently they've been struggling all day but you can get in with enough tries and patience, though they are going down for maintenance in a little bit:

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2194438-Maintenance-March-3rd-2020
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 11:11:33 PM by Trippy »
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #111 on: March 03, 2020, 08:17:21 AM

Warlords of New York update is out.

a 42.31GB update.

Shieeeet son!  ACK!

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #112 on: March 03, 2020, 08:19:23 AM

Warlords of New York update is out.

a 42.31GB update.

Shieeeet son!  ACK!

Jesus, that is pretty big

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #113 on: March 03, 2020, 09:35:37 AM

That is no update. That is a stealth uninstall and reinstall of the whole game. Fascinating.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #114 on: March 03, 2020, 06:32:24 PM

If I were to try this again and have the base game, all I need is the new $30 xpac to unlock all the playable content, right? There was a year1 season pass for sale, but it's no longer on the store.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #115 on: March 03, 2020, 07:39:42 PM

Well you missed the $3 sale so the game is now $7 more expensive but the Ultimate Edition for $60 has the Year One pass + extras.

Edit: I.e. you would need to pay $30 extra to get Year One pass + Ultimate extras (+30 for Warlords expansion). That's still cheaper than the Year One pass was when it was originally released (was $40) and available but you are paying for a 2nd copy of The Division 2 (for $10) if you do the above.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 07:55:01 PM by Trippy »
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #116 on: March 03, 2020, 08:45:52 PM

Okay, I think I understand now. This helped: https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2187402-What-are-Seasons-in-the-Division-2-Warlords-of-New-York

I owned the base game from the launch, but didn't buy the season pass year 1. So season pass year 1 is now free for anyone who purchases the expansion. The $30 expansion cost unlocks all past level content apparently.

Starting in a week, quarterly seasons will begin and are free. However, players can buy a season pass to let them get a bunch of other stuff. The new pass doesn't appear to be on PS store yet.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #117 on: March 06, 2020, 09:40:00 PM

Okay, lol the twist is really stupid. Season concept is neat though.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #118 on: March 08, 2020, 08:46:35 PM

Yeah, the twist had me, ohnobabywhatisyoudoing.gif. It didn’t make sense in the universe.

That said, the ride was fun and being back in New York is the best part. They need to connect the maps.

WayAbvPar

Reply #119 on: March 17, 2020, 01:07:03 PM

I liked the NY missions, and the seasons stuff may be interesting (I like having goals to chase). Still extremely fucking annoyed that I bought the Year One Season Pass specifically so I would get Survival as soon as it came out. Now I have purchased an expansion and no sign of it.

I am slowly getting a feel for how to sort loot, but I will never understand why they don't add some tools to make it easier to sort/compare. The UI is horrible for inventory management, and that can be laid directly at the feet of consoles. At least I got to shitcan 95% of the crap in my stash when I hit level 40. Running through the re-cal library after every mission or 2 is keeping my stash manageable too. Once I get that mostly maxed, then I can really start to keep an eye out for god roll stuff.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #120 on: March 17, 2020, 01:10:51 PM

The UI change to display the core attribute on gear in the list panel is nice but it would be nice to also be able to select a specific attribute to display (e.g. crit hit chance) there in addition.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #121 on: March 23, 2020, 10:46:54 AM

I'm enjoying the game a lot but I'll like it a lot more when they fixed the insanely fucked up health scaling that makes enemies in 4-player groups on anything over hard have Divison 1 levels of bullet-sponginess.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #122 on: March 23, 2020, 12:14:32 PM

Despite Massive being extremely quick to patch things that benefit the players, we're likely going to have to wait a long time for some of the issues introduced by WoNY to be fixed as Massive is in the process of moving offices and Sweden is on the verge of starting their shutdown.

I'm almost done with the pre-WoNY story content and then I need to decide if I switch to NYC or wait for Massive to fix things or maybe just do 30 - 40 and then stop.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #123 on: March 24, 2020, 10:30:08 AM

Spoke too soon, Massive did make some major “balance” changes for the patch tomorrow.

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2205470

And by “balance” they mean making the enemies even tankier for solo and 2 man groups but easier for 4 man groups. I guess that’s progress?

At least they addressed the ridiculous support boxes.

Edit: oops it’s tomorrow not today (got confused cause there was maintenance this morning as well)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 10:37:54 AM by Trippy »
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: March 24, 2020, 12:11:18 PM

I played a bunch of the first Division, but did not play the second one yet.  I just remembered I had that UPlay subscription and downloaded this. Should I just make a level 30 character and start the new content, or should i play through it from the start?

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #125 on: March 24, 2020, 05:26:55 PM

Play from the start. The story's not bad and watching the settlements develop is a good prelude to Warlords.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #126 on: April 03, 2020, 06:56:29 AM

I'm really enjoying the ways they've added to do content still. Seasons, Leagues, Manhunt, etc, are all basically just giving you reasons to re-run content but duh that's the point of the game and it works.

The changes to health/damage have helped a lot but Heroic/Legendary are still broken to various extents. The respawn-limitation on Heroic really doesn't make it fun.

WayAbvPar

Reply #127 on: April 06, 2020, 08:51:58 AM

Polarity switch is the one exception IMHO. I gave it a try, but it was way too fucking game-y and frustrating. Spent about 90 minutes trying to accomplish one of the goals (kill 5 consecutive positive, then 5 consecutive negative), and finally gave up in frustration. Turned it off the next time I logged in and haven't looked back.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #128 on: April 06, 2020, 03:17:37 PM

Yeah, the twist had me, ohnobabywhatisyoudoing.gif. It didn’t make sense in the universe.

That said, the ride was fun and being back in New York is the best part. They need to connect the maps.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #129 on: April 06, 2020, 07:03:42 PM

Polarity Shift was stupid and more frustrating than fun.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #130 on: April 07, 2020, 11:07:45 AM

I threw together a crit/crit-damage SMG/LMG build stacked entirely with red skill mods running Blinder Firefly/seeker mines for CC/making people leap out of cover and I almost feel like I can kill stuff efficiently outside of evaporating in a warm breeze.

On challenging I can kill a non-heavy yellowbar in a single magazine from the SMG- and this with 4-man group scaling. Team comp definitely matters though- because if I go with randos and get a team full of DPS-only people it entirely depends on how good people are at prioritizing targets if it's over super fast or if it's repeated wipes. The best rando teams I've gotten were on Heroic where I frequently was the DPS guy between someone running CC, someone running healer, and someone with the right gear to run a tank-shield build. Anyone with an EMP focused build can trivialize any invaded or BTSU mission because those fuckers entirely rely on having an army of warhounds and drones and other bullshit to run over you with- so if an EMP-spec guy can keep the warhounds/drone spam/etc down I can keep repeatedly breaking the ammo belts on heavies while mag-dumping them to death because my damage output is so high.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 11:09:29 AM by Fabricated »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: The Division 2  
Jump to: