Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:50:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: The Division 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Division 2  (Read 38351 times)
luckton
Terracotta Army

on: March 08, 2018, 08:38:37 AM

https://www.pcgamesn.com/tom-clancys-the-division-2/the-division-2-confirmed

Stick a fork in TD1; after two more free updates, it's done. E3 '18 will have a bunch of new info. Will be interesting to see if they continue with the plot from the first or if they start fresh with a new scenario.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 09:23:30 AM

I hope they continue the story from the first — that asshole is still out there somewhere.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 11:07:31 AM

"It wasn't an easy decision, but there are so many stories and so many experiences that we want to explore within the world of the Division that we really felt a sequel was the best way to explore these things," says Gerighty.

I wonder if he practised saying that with a straight face.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 01:08:05 PM

"It wasn't an easy decision, but there are so many stories and so many experiences that we want to explore within the world of the Division that we really felt a sequel was the best way to explore these things," says Gerighty.

I wonder if he practised saying that with a straight face.

LOL. This.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 01:42:05 PM

What he means is that the old game does not produce revenue so they have no funding for those "stories and experiences". The only way to get the funding is by selling a new game.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 06:16:14 PM

I got my money's worth out of the game even with me not really caring about the PVP shit.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 12:18:49 AM

I still play a lot of D1, I want to hunt down Keener.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 08:57:51 AM

I got my money's worth out of the game even with me not really caring about the PVP shit.

Same here.  As long as they keep the servers open a few more years for the people that want to keep playing, then having a sequel shouldn't be a problem.  They just closed down the Demon's Souls servers recently (you can still play offline) and that was released in 2009.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 10, 2018, 03:19:45 PM

I don't see where the story could have gone next, so I guess a total replacement saves them from answering that.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #9 on: March 10, 2018, 10:43:34 PM

Plenty of places to go.

Keener is on the loose. His shit plan to use the virus maker tools notwithstanding, he's still in possession of something that someone smarter and more capable could do worse with.

The president is dead, possibly due to a coup attempt and the hunters that show up in Survival and Underground are probably Division as well, sent in to clean the mess started by the First Wave agents that went rogue.

To quote one of the vendors, "There's stuff".

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 11, 2018, 03:24:40 PM

Yes, the virus could be a wasteland creator... other cities could be reduced to warzones using it as an excuse. But at the end of the day that just means creating a new set of extremely expensive detailed city maps and more "bad men" with bullet sponge behaviour (got to support the RPG progression) to shoot with the same weapons (since time cannot have moved too much). I just don't see the openings for positive impacts on the gameplay.

- Simond
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #11 on: March 11, 2018, 03:32:42 PM

On that, we sort of agree. But I never wanted much of a change in gameplay, just more story.

WayAbvPar

Reply #12 on: March 11, 2018, 06:32:32 PM

Could use some more varied loot and better drop rates as well. I really like Survival- hope that stays around and gets updated.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #13 on: March 11, 2018, 07:42:06 PM

I'm kinda betting money they'll probably make a city or world more open/vertically interesting, like Ghost Recon Wildlands or something like that.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #14 on: March 11, 2018, 09:02:04 PM

Could use some more varied loot and better drop rates as well. I really like Survival- hope that stays around and gets updated.

Survival is the thing that kept me playing. It was like Day Z in a snowstorm.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: March 12, 2018, 03:22:43 AM

Would like to see more in the character development area. I don't think we need classes per se, but having more options for skills/augments would be nice.

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #16 on: March 13, 2018, 10:04:54 AM

When does TD1 price drop?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #17 on: March 13, 2018, 02:15:54 PM

Ubisoft has it on sale regularly.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #18 on: June 10, 2018, 04:39:43 PM

Teaser trailer is up along with a gameplay trailer from E3.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2018/06/10/the-division-2-teaser-trailer-e3-2018

http://www.ign.com/videos/2018/06/10/the-division-2-control-point-gameplay-demo-e3-2018

The action has moved to DC, six months later and gone full-on Deep State.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #19 on: June 10, 2018, 07:43:48 PM

Looks like they've just polished the systems of the first game up. If they understand that the game needs to shit decent loot all over you like how they made The Division 1 after like 4-5 months when everyone started quitting, it'll be fun.

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: June 10, 2018, 10:31:29 PM

There has got to be something wrong with a society that believes a biological attack will automatically lead to societal collapse, urban survivalism (rooftop farms? what?) and armed civil war rather than people trying to work together to rebuild. Or that a small group of armed individuals will be the secret to resolving the situation. It's like a conspiracy theory mash-up.

And if you are going to have the collapse of society and civil war then what narrative value did the virus have, it would be more impactful if society went to hell entirely without it. Maybe some new drug that made people prone to violence and capable of taking 300 rounds to the beany to be put down so at least there was some foundation for the gameplay.

Gameplay looks much the same.. nice maps, boring gunplay and that annoying fake team-work banter. It will be somewhat interesting to see if they have solved the issue with content being exhausted much faster than they can make it, and progression being interesting.

- Simond
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #21 on: June 11, 2018, 12:06:36 AM

Teaser trailer is up along with a gameplay trailer from E3.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2018/06/10/the-division-2-teaser-trailer-e3-2018

http://www.ign.com/videos/2018/06/10/the-division-2-control-point-gameplay-demo-e3-2018

The action has moved to DC, six months later and gone full-on Deep State.
That looks fun.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: June 11, 2018, 04:04:45 AM

CAN'T stand the fake RL voice comms. That shit is jarring.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #23 on: June 11, 2018, 04:34:13 AM

CAN'T stand the fake RL voice comms. That shit is jarring.

I'm with you on this.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: June 11, 2018, 06:27:32 AM

The alternative "real" real-world comms would not have been safe for television, and you all know this  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I'm excited for this, but at the same time it's hard to think about game beyond 2018 at this point as my WoW itch is getting scratched with a new expansion in two months.

But I'm sure I'll be needing something new around the time this comes out next year.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #25 on: June 11, 2018, 06:58:37 AM

True enough, but I don't like the attempts at mixing the RP and RL language.

Looks like the Division, D.C. - which we discussed when the first one came out. After the other big shooter game sequels took a dive, I'll sit this one out.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #26 on: June 12, 2018, 07:08:21 PM

There has got to be something wrong with a society that believes a biological attack will automatically lead to societal collapse, urban survivalism (rooftop farms? what?) and armed civil war rather than people trying to work together to rebuild. Or that a small group of armed individuals will be the secret to resolving the situation. It's like a conspiracy theory mash-up.

And if you are going to have the collapse of society and civil war then what narrative value did the virus have, it would be more impactful if society went to hell entirely without it. Maybe some new drug that made people prone to violence and capable of taking 300 rounds to the beany to be put down so at least there was some foundation for the gameplay.

Gameplay looks much the same.. nice maps, boring gunplay and that annoying fake team-work banter. It will be somewhat interesting to see if they have solved the issue with content being exhausted much faster than they can make it, and progression being interesting.
It's a Tom Clancy story so there's like a pile of factions literally just waiting around for the apocalypse in this world.

WayAbvPar

Reply #27 on: June 14, 2018, 10:13:27 AM

I hope they get the loot right. If that happens, I will play the shit out of this.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #28 on: June 14, 2018, 02:40:22 PM

I hope they get the loot right. If that happens, I will play the shit out of this.
God willing they learned their lesson from their experiences with the first game and make it basically rain loot. They've changed how sets and bonuses work a bit looks like.

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: June 14, 2018, 03:22:45 PM

God willing they learned their lesson from their experiences with the first game and make it basically rain loot. They've changed how sets and bonuses work a bit looks like.

Now to find out if the team developing this one is the same team that did the live patches or not.  I'm banking on not since studios never seem to learn this lesson.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #30 on: June 15, 2018, 08:27:01 PM

From what I hear, it is that team.

Additionally, to keep people playing the original, they’re giving out rewards for competing objectives in the current game that can be redeemed in Division 2. Probably mostly cosmetic shit, but I’m down.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #31 on: June 15, 2018, 11:23:17 PM

Though it's kind of sucky you aren't playing the same character you were in The Division.
WayAbvPar

Reply #32 on: June 20, 2018, 01:39:32 AM

I need to jump back on and see the new objectives. I burned myself out pretty badly on the weeklong GEs and haven't played for several weeks.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #33 on: February 08, 2019, 07:09:42 PM

The private beta is running now.

Is it still the Division? Yeah. Is it a better version of that? Fuck yeah. If the full game will be reflective of the changes I see in this? I'm in.

schild
Administrator

Reply #34 on: February 08, 2019, 07:18:42 PM

The private beta is running now.

Is it still the Division? Yeah. Is it a better version of that? Fuck yeah. If the full game will be reflective of the changes I see in this? I'm in.

This is what I needed to hear. You should be in Discord.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: The Division 2  
Jump to: