Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:33:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Counterpart 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Counterpart  (Read 2034 times)
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

on: January 21, 2018, 11:38:52 PM

New show on Starz.  A spy thriller through a Phillip K. Dick lens with a bit of Gilliam's Brazil mixed in.  J.K. Simmons plays the lead... and the lead.  First episode was really good.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 09:17:24 AM

I liked it, too.  I thought it would be one of those hard to follow alternate universe type shows but I wasn't confused at all.  That's a plus for me in any
show.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 01:26:45 PM

I liked it, too.  I thought it would be one of those hard to follow alternate universe type shows but I wasn't confused at all.  That's a plus for me in any
show.

I think the confusion probably comes later when they start switching which universe they are in but the first episode is pretty excellent.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 01:51:41 PM

If you look at things like phones, lighting, and architecture they have set up a split in aesthetic between the two. And Simmond's does a pretty good job making the characters separate.  So I have hope that they can shorthand a lot of that.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 09:56:41 PM

Fuck this show is good.

-H.L. Mencken
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Counterpart  
Jump to: