Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:27:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Another great patch - March 17 Test Notes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another great patch - March 17 Test Notes  (Read 6218 times)
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

on: March 17, 2005, 12:11:58 PM

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=tup&message.id=31#M31

Key points in my mind:

- All EverQuest II subscribers now get two additional character slots!

*** In-Game Mail ***

- Exchange messages with your friends via the new in-game mail system.
- You can send and receive mail at mailboxes located in East Freeport and Qeynos Harbor, as well as all districts and villages.
- If you have unread mail waiting for you, you will see a mail icon in your Spell Effects window.  This icon will always appear in the first slot, and mousing over it will inform you that "You have unread mail."
- Members of guilds that are level 15 and higher can purchase their own mailbox through status merchants.
- Clicking on a mailbox will open the Mail window, which has two tabs: Inbox and Send.
- Mail will be deleted 3 days after opening it, while unread mail will be deleted after 30 days. The time remaining until deletion is shown to the right of each letter.
- Letters can contain money or an item, shown below the text of the letter. You can accept these parcels by clicking the Receive Gifts button.
- To reply to the sender, click on the Reply button.
- You can send along one item or any amount of coin with your letter. To send money, click the Give Coin button and enter the amount you wish to send. You can change your mind by clicking Give Coin again and clearing the amount. To include an item, drag the item you wish to send from your character's inventory onto the slot in the gifts area. You can change your mind by right-clicking on the item and choosing to remove it, or by dragging and dropping it onto an open section of the screen.
- You can only send gifts to another character that is a citizen of the same city you are, though you can send text-only messages to anyone.
- You can have a maximum of ten messages in your Inbox that include gifts from other players. There is no limit to how many text-only messages you can have at one time.
- Plain text letters cost 10c to send. Letters with gifts attached cost 50c. There is no charge to read mail that has been sent to you.
- You can send messages to your friends on other servers, or to those who play EverQuest and Star Wars Galaxies!
   - To send mail to someone on another EQ2 server, enter the name as servername.charname
   - To send mail to a friend playing EQ, enter the name as eq.servername.charname
   - To send mail to a friend in SWG, enter the name as swg.servername.charname
   - Players in SWG or EQ can send mail to EverQuest II players by entering the name as eq2.servername.charname

*** New Harvested Items and Recipes ***

- There are new types of uncommon harvested items to be found. They can be gathered from existing harvesting nodes and are identified as glowing, sparkling, glimmering, or luminous depending on their level range.
- New recipe books are available for purchase at the camps of the Hand of Marr and Brethren of Night. Those wishing to buy the books will need to first earn favor with the merchants.
- Using these new recipes and new harvested items, Alchemists can create magical extracts that other crafters can use to make new items or enhance existing goods.
- Armorers and Tailors can combine the magical extract with certain pieces of pristine armor and make new types of enchanted armor. When the wearer is attacked, chest pieces have a chance to proc a heal-over-time spell and leggings have the chance to proc a damage spell.
- Weaponsmiths and Woodworkers can combine the magical extract with certain types of pristine weapons and make new types of enchanted weapons. These weapons have the chance to proc a damage spell in combat.
- Woodworkers can combine the magical extract with certain types of pristine shields and make new types of enchanted shields that have a chance to proc a damage spell during combat. They can also use the magical extract to infuse wands with an activated damage spell.
- Tailors can use the magical extract to create hex dolls that cast a detrimental effect on an enemy. The dolls also provide a minor stat buff to the user.
- Jewelers can combine the magical extract with certain types of pristine rings and make new types of enchanted rings that provide activated buffs to strength, agility, wisdom, intelligence, or stamina.
- For weapons, armor, and shields, the quality level of the creation process determines the potency of the magical effect attached to the item. All quality levels of enchanted weapons, armor, and shields retain the stats of the pristine item used to make them

and lots of other good stuff.

Gotta hand it to the devs. They are working their asses off.

I have never played WoW.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 12:15:42 PM

Such a shame....

They're doing a lot of patching, but they lost me back in Early November. I miss my Brigand.

I don't miss camping and stupid groups and The Grind.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 01:01:39 PM

Looking forward to the changes in Nektulos Forest. They are releasing, each month, patches most other games release once a quarter, if that. I've also been downloading all the sound updates, too.

WoW, an in-game email system that let's me send items to friends! WoW! I'm just amazed such a thing has been thought of and that they're adding it to EQ2! I mean, WoW, it's just amazing! And someone even remembered to put in a limit on the number of items I can have in my e-mail inbox so I can't use it as a personal bank. And they also remembered to charge me more to send an item than just a text message -- must be the shipping and handling charges. WoW, maybe very soon the brokers will allow me to auction items through them and then deliver the winning items and bids through the e-mail system. That would really WoW me!

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 01:49:55 PM

Looking forward to the changes in Nektulos Forest. They are releasing, each month, patches most other games release once a quarter, if that. I've also been downloading all the sound updates, too.

WoW, an in-game email system that let's me send items to friends! WoW! I'm just amazed such a thing has been thought of and that they're adding it to EQ2! I mean, WoW, it's just amazing! And someone even remembered to put in a limit on the number of items I can have in my e-mail inbox so I can't use it as a personal bank. And they also remembered to charge me more to send an item than just a text message -- must be the shipping and handling charges. WoW, maybe very soon the brokers will allow me to auction items through them and then deliver the winning items and bids through the e-mail system. That would really WoW me!

hehe why does SOE remind me of Microsoft ;)

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #4 on: March 17, 2005, 01:53:07 PM

Don't knock copying good ideas. It is what we want to happen. Now if some dev team would just freaking copy an exp-less skill system...

I have never played WoW.
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 17, 2005, 01:55:36 PM

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=tup&message.id=31#M31

Gotta hand it to the devs. They are working their asses off.

Agreed.  I think they are only a few months away from release quality now.

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 17, 2005, 01:57:11 PM

Don't knock copying good ideas. It is what we want to happen. Now if some dev team would just freaking copy an exp-less skill system...

Was just poking fun. I am VERY glad they are incoporating these quality of life additions into EQ2.

Wonder if WoW will ever have a housing system?

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 17, 2005, 02:13:03 PM

Sony has rarely ever shied away from stealing a good idea when it was possible. One of the nicer things about wow is the mail system and if they can add something like it to eq2 sweet. If I can actually use it to freaking send items to my team ebil character I will be the devs love slave. Doing the nek run at level 7 is um exciting.

kaid
Flashman
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 17, 2005, 02:44:52 PM

[

Was just poking fun. I am VERY glad they are incoporating these quality of life additions into EQ2.

Wonder if WoW will ever have a housing system?

Yeah, copying the GOOD stuff is always welcome, it can only make things better.

One of the things I wasn't very keen on was the housing system in EQII. I really didnt like the instanced apartment system. Just didnt feel like it was anything special. I think SWG did a better job. Owning your own house in the game world was way cool and it was much easier and cheaper to decorate. But, I dont imagine WoW or EWII have enough "land" to ever do something like that.
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 17, 2005, 03:48:19 PM

Sony has rarely ever shied away from stealing a good idea when it was possible. One of the nicer things about wow is the mail system and if they can add something like it to eq2 sweet. If I can actually use it to freaking send items to my team ebil character I will be the devs love slave. Doing the nek run at level 7 is um exciting.

Well get set to be excited then -- you need to read the full patch notes -- because they ARE adding an e-mail system just like WoW's (which was, ahem, the point of my little diatribe about EQ2 adding an email system).

jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 17, 2005, 09:38:20 PM

I agree that copying is ulitmately a good thing.  If it works adopt it.

But nothing about SOE is ever sleek.  I will be amused to see how they mangle such a simple concept of WoW mail in execution.

Maybe to use mail you have to get "flagged" first :P

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #11 on: March 18, 2005, 06:39:51 AM

I agree that copying is ulitmately a good thing.  If it works adopt it.

But nothing about SOE is ever sleek.  I will be amused to see how they mangle such a simple concept of WoW mail in execution.

Maybe to use mail you have to get "flagged" first :P

Funny you should mention it, but if you read the notes you will see that mail can only be sent/read from a central location UNLESS your guild is level 15 and then you can buy a mailbox for your apartment. So, player congestion is likely in "post office" zones. SOE always adds a grind of some kind wherever they can.

I have never played WoW.
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: March 18, 2005, 07:55:45 AM

I read it as stating that there are free mailboxes in the two big cities plus all of the smaller villages, which is pretty much the same thing WoW has.  The fact that you can buy one for your apartment looks like a bonus over WoW's system.  Of course, you may be right that they fuck up the details.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 12:39:24 PM by El Gallo »

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #13 on: March 18, 2005, 10:24:38 AM

I missed the "all districts and villages" part.

I have never played WoW.
StGabe
Terracotta Army

Bruce without the furry.

Reply #14 on: March 20, 2005, 06:10:11 AM

It's not like WoW didn't copy a lot of ideas from EQ2 during beta.  wink

StGabe.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #15 on: March 21, 2005, 04:48:03 PM

Such a shame....

They're doing a lot of patching, but they lost me back in Early November. I miss my Brigand.

I don't miss camping and stupid groups and The Grind.
Agreed. But honestly, even with all that, I was still enjoying the game (knowing which blinders to put on helps a lot).

But my problems with EQ2 are like my problems with SWG: too fundamental to address in a satisfactory way. SWG is not about to drop the HAM system entirely, EQ2 will not be removing locked encounter/group-only mob system. And that's why I'll /never/ play EQ2 again. Not even the slightest whim, despite the fact I actually liked the game (I wouldn't bother discussing it otherwise). Even adding more "solo" content (they never really use the word 'solo' without 'small group' or at least 'duo') won't change these fundamental issues.

And I can't even miss my 'necromancer', because I never got one. Just a level 17 beetle summoner. I guess all I needed was love.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #16 on: March 21, 2005, 05:53:05 PM

Agreed. But honestly, even with all that, I was still enjoying the game (knowing which blinders to put on helps a lot).

But my problems with EQ2 are like my problems with SWG: too fundamental to address in a satisfactory way. SWG is not about to drop the HAM system entirely, EQ2 will not be removing locked encounter/group-only mob system. And that's why I'll /never/ play EQ2 again. Not even the slightest whim, despite the fact I actually liked the game (I wouldn't bother discussing it otherwise). Even adding more "solo" content (they never really use the word 'solo' without 'small group' or at least 'duo') won't change these fundamental issues.

And I can't even miss my 'necromancer', because I never got one. Just a level 17 beetle summoner. I guess all I needed was love.

Love?

Also... If you read the SWG combat update IS getting rid of the HAM system.  With the new system, you can only damage health and get wounds to health.  Action and Mind pools are only for activating attacks or using skills.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Another great patch - March 17 Test Notes  
Jump to: