Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:02:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Malcolm Young dead. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Malcolm Young dead.  (Read 6919 times)
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

on: November 18, 2017, 11:24:42 AM

On the highway to hell, poor bastard.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 04:22:56 PM

Fuck 2017. And fuck dementia.

WayAbvPar

Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 12:56:33 AM

Another band I am sad to have never seen live. =(

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 07:36:05 AM

This one hurt having been a huge fan since my late teens, but I kind of suspected it was coming. The news wasn't a huge shock.

I saw them live for the Razor's Edge tour, and it still blows me away how much Angus could captivate the audience with a ten minute solo.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 08:05:54 AM

Saw them on the Ballbreaker tour when I was 13.  Great concert, amazing bad, awesome musician.   cry

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
WayAbvPar

Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 08:16:55 AM

My cousin moved to Australia for about 10 years due to her husband's job (they are back now). She posted a pic on FB last night of her family with Malcolm- apparently he lived in their neighborhood! He was a wee slip of a man.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 08:56:43 AM

Back when we formed the band, we brought on the guy who would be our 2nd guitarist (I was playing guitar in the band initially) because he could play some of Malcolm's parts. Seemed miraculous at the time.

Probably a blessing for the poor kids, if the dementia was so bad he couldn't tour. Can't imagine not being able to tour and play if that's all you've known your entire life. On the other hand, he had a lot longer run that a lot of people, hard to feel too bad for that, and that he became a legend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbzUce9bolA
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 09:32:44 AM

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 09:45:32 AM

Malcolm Young really was one of the great rhythm guitarists of all time.

Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 20, 2017, 11:11:45 AM

This bummed me a lot. Malcom was my favorite member of that group and I spent a little too much time listening to them in high school. I always suspected alcohol induced (he had an admittedly bad problem for a long time) dementia, which is just tragic to think about. I always liked listening to his interviews as he came across as quite funny in a unique way. Seems like I'm finally to the age where the people I listened to and looked up to as a kid are dying off.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 08:28:53 AM

Angus posted a nice riff tribute: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtcfNcnk07o
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Malcolm Young dead.  
Jump to: