Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:19:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Future Man (Hulu) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Future Man (Hulu)  (Read 5095 times)
Threash
Terracotta Army

on: November 18, 2017, 08:11:05 AM

Trailer here, the premise starts off dumb and predictable but it goes in unexpected directions and the show is hilarious throughout. Also it has the very hot Britt Lower.

I am the .00000001428%
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 08:25:58 AM

"Greetings Starfighter!"

Yeah, I'm in.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 10:22:05 AM

The James Cameron episode is one of the funniest things i've seen on TV.

I am the .00000001428%
Spiff
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 06:25:01 AM

Just watched that one and although I'm finding the show a bit patchy, there are some hilarious bits in it:
The whole episode was definitely a high-point so far.

They go for the 'low-hanging fruit' joke a bit too often I'd say, but it hasn't really annoyed or bored me at any time.
I'm just happy we're apparently in the tv-era of high(ish) concept sci-fi comedy now, so I hope it finds an audience.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 02:33:58 PM

I was going to make a new thread for this, but no, here it is, three pages back.

Anyway, I'm about halfway through season 2 now.  Recommend this if it hasn't been on your radar.  It mines a lot of tropes from 80s/90s movies, as one might guess from the trailer, but it manages to be its own thing.  

Season 1 is mostly Back to the Future and Terminator homage, and season 2 is more like... Road Warrior?  Maybe?  I'm still not quite sure where it's going but I'm enjoying the ride.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 02:39:29 PM

Wait til you get to the end. The whole thing is fuckin wild.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 05, 2019, 06:47:38 PM

Glad more people are watching this, it's pretty hilarious. Wolf is the best part of both seasons.

I am the .00000001428%
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: February 08, 2019, 07:55:39 AM

Glad more people are watching this, it's pretty hilarious. Wolf is the best part of both seasons.

The Wolf restaurant episode is one of the finest episodes of TV ever made. In any genre on any station.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #8 on: February 09, 2019, 09:58:14 AM

Wait til you get to the end. The whole thing is fuckin wild.

Seth Rogen smirking directly into the camera was :chefskiss:

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: February 15, 2019, 06:01:27 PM

So they are basically antivaxxers right? cause its been two seasons and while the biotics got pretty brutal about forcing the cure on them there's never been a good reason given for not taking it.

I am the .00000001428%
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: February 16, 2019, 02:39:30 AM

Didn't the war first break out because there was a shortage of the cure and people rioted? I can see that happening in a rich people/poor people world.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: February 17, 2019, 03:22:48 AM

So they are basically antivaxxers right? cause its been two seasons and while the biotics got pretty brutal about forcing the cure on them there's never been a good reason given for not taking it.

The first season did a pretty good job at making it seem neither side was right. The rebellion actually came across in several episodes as a bunch of nutjobs.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #12 on: February 18, 2019, 04:59:41 PM

And the second season gave some clue as to the kinds of things the biotics in season 1 might have been glossing over when they described the utopian future.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: February 19, 2019, 10:35:31 AM

Well the world in season 2 is completely different, and in that one the rebels are not just antivaxxers but climate change deniers also.

I am the .00000001428%
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #14 on: February 19, 2019, 11:20:23 AM

I'm filling in the blanks a bit that if Holo-Joel Osment was able to rise to power as a genocidal dictator in that future (while convincing everyone in his society, himself included, that he was a benevolent dictator), odds are pretty good that somebody like him was running the show in the "original" future as well.

Like Riggs said, neither side is "right".  The rebels are illiterate, violent morons (and yes, antivaxxers and anti-technology in general).  The empire is literally out to destroy the planet so everyone can live in the Matrix (because curing all disease wasn't good enough).  Between the two the rebels seem a little more palatable but really the future overall is not a happy place.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: April 22, 2020, 11:54:05 AM

Final season of this is up and great as usual.

I am the .00000001428%
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: April 28, 2020, 01:23:15 PM

Final season of this is up and great as usual.

It's out!?!?!? Nooooo...got a buddy I watch this with and...ya know. Social distancing...

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Future Man (Hulu)  
Jump to: