Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 05:21:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Opus Magnum by Zacktronics 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Opus Magnum by Zacktronics  (Read 1160 times)
Trippy
Administrator

on: October 20, 2017, 04:08:39 PM

The latest puzzle game from the makers of SpaceChem, Infinifactory, TIS-100, and SHENZHEN I/O.

Similar in feel to SpaceChem where you are arranging things on a 2D-plane to make other things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj689znjxpg

Quinton is already hard at work solving the puzzles, as usual, so if you have him as a friend you can compare your scores to his.

Note that in this game the tradeoffs between the different build parameters are more concrete so only the simplest of puzzles will have a "best" solution.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 01:24:34 PM

Another interesting difference from previous games is that you have an infinite work surface for every problem, so arbitrary space constraints imposed by the level don't exist.

Some useful but possibly obscure UX things:
- You can duplicate groups of multiple mechanisms by multiple selecting (drag-select or shift-click each item) and then holding CTRL while you click-and-drag.
- You can rotate groups of multiple mechanisms by pressing A/D while dragging
- You can re-order arm numbers by dragging their instruction tapes above/below others
- CTRL-Z is undo

This one is really polished.  They probably could have just launched as-is without going through early access.

Having hit some crazy complex problems in chapter V, I'm circling back and tuning some earlier designs.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 07:18:04 AM

This looks great, I need to check it out.

I should go back and try to finish SpaceChem as well.  I played it for a few days and then had to give my brain a break.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Opus Magnum by Zacktronics  
Jump to: