Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:57:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Wifi WPA2 Hakced 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wifi WPA2 Hakced  (Read 3063 times)
luckton
Terracotta Army

on: October 16, 2017, 07:41:16 AM

https://it.slashdot.org/story/17/10/16/149251/wpa2-security-flaw-puts-almost-every-wi-fi-device-at-risk-of-hijack-eavesdropping

The article goes into details, but for the layman, check your router manufacturer's website in the coming days/weeks for firmware updates out the wazoo. This flaw affects basically every wifi router made over the last decade and then some.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 08:27:56 AM

Mikrotik patched this shit before the disclosure. Seriously, if you are mildly technically inclined they are so much better than the typical consumer brand stuff and are cheaper. They even are relatively user friendly now.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 11:31:01 AM

This makes me happier about my decision to wire my house 3 years ago vs. setting up a 'proper' wi-fi network. Sure it was a pain in the ass across two weekends but now I just have one device to patch. Yay.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 11:39:53 AM

Mikrotik patched this shit before the disclosure. Seriously, if you are mildly technically inclined they are so much better than the typical consumer brand stuff and are cheaper. They even are relatively user friendly now.
Probably going to have to buy a new router vs waiting for tp-link to patch the C9...
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 03:19:46 PM

This is more about clients than access points.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 04:47:25 PM

This is more about clients than access points.

True, but there is an AP component that can be mitigated.

The fact that the worst effected handshake protocol outlined in the paper is actually the basis for the entire handshake scheme for WiGig is what got me.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Wifi WPA2 Hakced  
Jump to: