Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:10:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: HURRICANE FUCKSTICK 5001: MORE IRMA, MORE CANE 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HURRICANE FUCKSTICK 5001: MORE IRMA, MORE CANE  (Read 94660 times)
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #350 on: September 19, 2017, 03:58:41 AM

Sounds like Dominca has been flattened.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #351 on: September 19, 2017, 05:29:29 AM

Don't post spaghetti plots, they are basically worthless.

Yes.  I don't know what is going on at WU.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #352 on: September 19, 2017, 06:19:13 AM

Maria seems to be tracking more easterly for the rest of the week, maybe turning north after it brushes north shore of DR.  Still possible to impact SE US but not very likely.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #353 on: October 05, 2017, 08:52:27 AM

HEEEERE COMES NATE!!!

Hic sunt dracones.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #354 on: October 05, 2017, 09:29:44 AM

Oh this looks great...  ACK!

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #355 on: October 05, 2017, 10:08:14 AM

It's coming right for us!!!!  ACK!

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #356 on: October 05, 2017, 10:10:15 AM

It's coming right for us!!!!  ACK!

Thankfully Mississippi and Alabama have wisely invested their tax dollars in storm surge infrastructure.  You'll be just fine!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #357 on: October 05, 2017, 10:27:01 AM

It looks like Mother Nature's going for the full house on the Gulf of Mexico states this year.  why so serious?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #358 on: October 05, 2017, 10:55:02 AM

That means the next hurricane has to start over again with Texas.   awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #359 on: October 05, 2017, 11:19:08 AM

We still have Georgia and the Carolinas that have not been hit before it goes back to cycle through the Gulf again!

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #360 on: October 05, 2017, 12:29:47 PM

The Carolinas got pasted the last 2 years while I was here, causing me lost income. The storms can just keep hitting Texas this year instead. Texas Ren Fest deserves all the flooding it can get.
schild
Administrator

Reply #361 on: October 05, 2017, 12:37:52 PM

The Carolinas got pasted the last 2 years while I was here, causing me lost income. The storms can just keep hitting Texas this year instead. Texas Ren Fest deserves all the flooding it can get.
Hey I got a good steak knife there 2 years ago.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #362 on: October 05, 2017, 03:52:14 PM

We still have Georgia and the Carolinas that have not been hit before it goes back to cycle through the Gulf again!

Naw, we good!   awesome, for real

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #363 on: October 07, 2017, 05:52:35 PM

Nate has made landfall.  Everyone hang in there.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #364 on: October 14, 2017, 11:11:26 PM

So, uh, Ophelia is about to slam Ireland as a hurricane. I just don't even. Be safe Irish and Scottish friends.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #365 on: October 14, 2017, 11:28:29 PM

Yeah, I looked at the Irish Breaking News thing on facebook, and pretty much 100% of the comments were idiots laughing about a "bit of rain," and that the forecast is never right anyway. Even walking around today no-one has a clue what's coming and no-one is worried.

I'm cooking u some chilli and rice and will store enough for a few days if the power goes out, and I will get some extra milk tomorrow, then batten down with some books I've been meaning to read. There is not much more I can do. I live near the southwest coast so I'm going to be very near the eye.

Hic sunt dracones.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #366 on: October 14, 2017, 11:44:55 PM

"Closest point to #Ophelia’s present location at which a major hurricane was ever seen: Michael (2012)."

2017 is shaping up to be a special year.  ACK!

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #367 on: October 15, 2017, 06:51:49 AM

The fucking shetland islands are going to see this as a tropical storm.

Fuck, the thing might still be a tropical storm and hit Norway.   ACK!

BUT GLOBAL WARMING IS A HOAX AMIRITE?

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #368 on: October 15, 2017, 07:22:06 PM

Wind is starting up outside, and it literally just now started raining. Here comes the fun! I'm about as prepared as I can . The news has been pretty Apocalytic all day, so I can expect to have a fun time for the next several hours.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 07:26:09 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #369 on: October 15, 2017, 08:00:31 PM

not to belittle global warming, as it is a well established fact which can only be denied with extreme and deliberate selfish or malicious ignorance, as is the rising global CO2 levels which directly correspond to the combustion of fossil carbon, and the greenhouse effect of CO2.

BUT

These things (hurricanes hitting Europe) do happen, and have been happening for all of history (and almost certainly quite a bit of prehistory! LOL), they just aren't very common.

I was in Norway in the late 80's I think when a hurricane crossed the Atlantic, romped across England knocking down 300yr old oaks, and was still a tropical storm when it hit Norway and literally came right up the fjord I was in. Pretty wild stuff.

So, warning to anyone in it's path who might not be used to these things. Stock up on water, food you can eat without cooking, batteries, and, any medicines you need. Fill the gas/petrol tank in your car (and any gas cans you might have lying around) and stock up on cash.  Because I learned the hard way (Hugo) that ATM's, gas pumps, and credit card cash registers don't work when the lights are out  (I'm betting Apple Pay won't either)! Also hurricane lamps (oil/kerosene) are VASTLY better than candles.  Oh, and electric chainsaws are worthless when you need them the most, like to cut your way out of your heavily forested neighborhood after 70+ mph winds have knocked over half of the trees!

Yes, I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #370 on: October 15, 2017, 08:03:30 PM

I had a quick look and the last hurricane to hit Ireland was Debbie in 1961.

The system moved towards Ireland and began to deepen. Debbie eventually brushed the coast of Western Ireland near Achill Island during the morning of September 16 with sustained winds of 80 mph (130 km/h).[6] Around this time, a pressure of 961.4 hPa (28.39 inHg) was measured as it passed near Belmullet. If the system maintained tropical characteristics at this time, it would have been the first such storm on record to strike Ireland.[8] Shortly after striking Ireland, the system was confirmed to have transitioned into an extratropical cyclone as it re-emerged into the northeast Atlantic Ocean.[4] While passing between Ireland and Scotland, the system continued to deepen, achieving an estimated central pressure of 950 hPa (28.05 inHg). According to a study by Hickey and Connolly-Johnston, this ranked Debbie as the most intense post-hurricane from 1960 to 2012 to move through the Britain and Ireland.[8] After clearing the United Kingdom, the hurricane's remnants turned more easterly, later impacting Norway and Russia before dissipating on September 19.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Debbie_(1961)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 03:39:52 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #371 on: October 16, 2017, 03:34:05 PM

Photos of the sky over London (tinged yellow by all the debris the storm picked up) are pretty unreal.

On the bright side, it's not sharks.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #372 on: October 19, 2017, 12:47:58 PM

<Narrator's voice>  The debris was actually very small sharks.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #373 on: October 19, 2017, 02:55:13 PM

<Narrator's voice>  The debris was actually very small sharks.

I ruse.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: HURRICANE FUCKSTICK 5001: MORE IRMA, MORE CANE  
Jump to: