Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:08:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Soccer thread 2017/2018 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Soccer thread 2017/2018  (Read 68657 times)
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #105 on: May 27, 2018, 03:12:40 AM

Rumor has it that he wants to leave Spain because he’s miffed that he had to pay nearly 20 million in back taxes he defrauded Spain out of to avoid a lengthy prison sentence. Because the Spanish tax authority raided his yacht and because club president didn’t defend him against the Spanish authorities.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: May 27, 2018, 10:06:37 AM

Holy shit was that an amazingly horrible fucking game. FUCK SERGIO RAMOS. FUCK HIM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HARD. That diving, whining piss baby has the gall to complain about niggling fouls on him after the goddamn rugby tackle he does on Salah to take him out of the game. And SUPER FUCK those idiot refs who continually just let shit go for Real Madrid.

And I just read Ronaldo's comments. Fuck that whiny diving twatty little fucking cunt. Was he even playing today?

First time in ages I watched anything to do with soccer and I picked this?  This is supposedly the best soccer has to offer?  Apart from the insane bicycle kick goal, this game was dog shit.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #107 on: May 27, 2018, 11:01:47 AM

This would have been the best soccer has to offer if Sergio Ramos wasn't a dirty shitgibbon. Mo Salah is one of the most exciting players on the planet and when he, Mane and Firmino are clicking, they are electric to watch. When refs don't protect those guys from constant, intentional fouls, there is no greater 3-man front line available, IMO.

Also, Loris Karius is shit. Liverpool fans have been asking "Do we need to buy a new goalkeeper in the summer?" That question has now been answered with an emphatic "OH HELL YES." He had gotten better lately but neither he nor his backup (who used to be #1) Simon Mignolet are Champions League caliber keepers. My god, that was just fucking horrible.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: May 27, 2018, 11:36:00 AM

This would have been the best soccer has to offer if Sergio Ramos wasn't a dirty shitgibbon. Mo Salah is one of the most exciting players on the planet and when he, Mane and Firmino are clicking, they are electric to watch. When refs don't protect those guys from constant, intentional fouls, there is no greater 3-man front line available, IMO.

Also, Loris Karius is shit. Liverpool fans have been asking "Do we need to buy a new goalkeeper in the summer?" That question has now been answered with an emphatic "OH HELL YES." He had gotten better lately but neither he nor his backup (who used to be #1) Simon Mignolet are Champions League caliber keepers. My god, that was just fucking horrible.

Yeah, that goalkeeper was awful.  Nothing he could have done for the bicycle kick goal, but the other two were all on him.  He literally cost them the game.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: May 27, 2018, 11:59:35 AM

Mignolet is orders of magnitude worse than Karius. Also Karius has played an exceptional season and PL campaign up to his two mistakes. He kept more clean sheets in the CL than any other GK up to the final. He's not bad. Maybe not CL level but not bad either
Also Klopp has a new GK on his list of purchases for next season even before the CL final.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #110 on: May 27, 2018, 12:28:25 PM

Yeah, I'm not saying Karius has been bad because he certainly got better. But he's like Everton level of good, not for a team that wants to win the Prem and/or the CL. And frankly, you just can't recover from the kinds of huge mental errors he made in this game. I'd actually be happier with Danny Ward in goal than him or Mignolet. At least Ward has youth and inexperience as an excuse. Neither Karius or Mignolet can do that with the amount of experience they have. They both just make absolute boneheaded decisions at the worst times.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: May 27, 2018, 03:56:50 PM

Gotta love Sergio Ramos for being so good at being a bastard  Heart

To wheel out the old phrase - it's a mans game, and it was men against boys last night. Modric wow, gotta be the best midfielder in the world right now.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: May 30, 2018, 09:02:37 AM

Thank god that shitty season is over, probably the worst Premier league I have witnessed. Zero excitement, especially if you’re a United fan.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #113 on: May 30, 2018, 09:23:08 AM

Your manager is Jose Mourinho. He sucks the fun out of football for everyone.

WayAbvPar

Reply #114 on: May 31, 2018, 08:48:15 PM

Watching the Mourinho style is what gave SAF the brain hemorrhage.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: June 04, 2018, 02:18:52 PM

A follow up to Karius and the CL final

According to his post game medical Karius had 26 of 30 indicators pointing to a concussion.
https://www.massgeneral.org/News/newsarticle.aspx?id=6792

So Ramos‘ elbow to the head gave Karius a concussion which very likely contributed to his mistakes following the incident.

From the official statement: „After carefully reviewing game film and integrating a detailed history – including his reported present and immediate post-contact subjective symptoms – physical examination and objective metrics, we have concluded that Mr. Karius sustained a concussion during the match May 26, 2018.
At the time of our evaluation, Mr. Karius’s principal residual symptoms and objective signs suggested that visual spatial dysfunction existed and likely occurred immediately following the event. Additional symptomatic and objectively noted areas of dysfunction also persisted. It could be possible that such deficits would affect performance.“

So Sergio Ramos MVP of the match for Real Madrid.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #116 on: June 04, 2018, 09:17:34 PM

Sergio Ramos is a whiny, cheating cunt.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: June 05, 2018, 04:29:55 AM

I smell bullshit.

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: June 05, 2018, 07:33:34 AM

I smell bullshit.

I linked to the official Statement of the Massachusetts General one of the top medical institutions of the US. If this is bullshit to you then so be it.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #119 on: June 05, 2018, 07:38:53 AM

I mean, the blunders he made could certainly be due to a concussion - they were certainly braindead enough.

I still want Liverpool to get another keeper because it's not like that was the first time he made a series of absolute howlers.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: June 05, 2018, 11:52:03 AM

I linked to the official Statement of the Massachusetts General one of the top medical institutions of the US. If this is bullshit to you then so be it.

Holds about as much water as Trumps medical statement. They sent Karius over so they could fudge a medical report using one of their own doctors. No good brain injury doctors in England? Oh wait Karius was on holiday and got a migraine. Yeh right.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #121 on: June 05, 2018, 12:04:59 PM

The owners of Liverpool also own the Boston Red Sox, and there have been multiple cases of them sending their injured players over to Massachusetts for special treatment, especially Daniel Sturridge. It's not that fucking strange, you yobbo.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: June 05, 2018, 12:26:28 PM

Well that's in line with my point, and why I think it lacks credibility - it's their own bloody doctor. I'm not buying it. To boot, wasn't the elbow after the first goal? I think someone needs to check that.

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: June 05, 2018, 12:42:44 PM

Well that's in line with my point, and why I think it lacks credibility - it's their own bloody doctor. I'm not buying it. To boot, wasn't the elbow after the first goal? I think someone needs to check that.

No the elbow was less than two minutes before the goal
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #124 on: June 05, 2018, 12:48:10 PM

It's not like Liverpool fans or the team are searching for an excuse of why they lost - losing Salah to that fucking ridiculous tackle was probably enough to doom us. And Liverpool fans were not inclined to give Karius a lot of room for error despite his improved form over the last few months. The only reason to "fake" this would be as cover for not spending on a keeper this summer and I don't think Klopp is pigheaded enough to think that even a non-concussed Karius is better than someone like Oblak or Allison.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: June 05, 2018, 01:26:26 PM

Well fake would be a bit harsh he did get a bit of a whack, fudging it a fair bit though. I doubt it was a serious concussion anymore than getting the ball in the head, and nothing we don't see every other odd game. To release a statement about it seven days later seems like there's an agenda.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 01:29:05 PM by Amarr HM »

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #126 on: June 05, 2018, 02:14:51 PM

Your tinfoil is showing. To what benefit?  Ohhhhh, I see.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: June 05, 2018, 02:22:29 PM

So we can still have faith in a goalie everyone thinks is rather useless?  why so serious?

Hic sunt dracones.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: June 05, 2018, 03:20:41 PM

Your tinfoil is showing. To what benefit?  Ohhhhh, I see.

Retain some value when selling him on. Or if you don’t manage to sign anyone better.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #129 on: June 06, 2018, 09:00:52 AM

Look, they won't be selling Karius this summer no matter who they bring in, IMO. His value, while it might have been a little higher with his recent run of form, was still not likely to be very high. They only paid 4 million quid for him to begin with, and even at his best, he's never covered himself in glory. The only reason his value would have improved is the natural inflation of the market. They'd get more from selling Mignolet, who has sat on the bench for the past 6 months, than they would Karius even though he started the last half of the season. Mignolet is on record as saying he is not there to be #2 so he's gone. Even if you pay big bucks for a keeper this summer, you keep Karius because he's relatively cheap and your next two options are Danny Ward (who does look good but has almost zero Prem experience) and another young guy they are high on but who also have little experience. Plus, Karius was Klopp's (bargain) choice, not Mignolet, so all signs point to Karius staying no matter what happened in the UCL final.

Liverpool fans don't want either of them, but if they are like me, they know this equation. It ain't hard. Mignolet is gone, Karius is staying. The only benefit to give him an excuse for such a series of howlers is to keep the fans off his back when he does play - and frankly, there ain't nothing anyone can do to make that happen. He and Mignolet both are on the fans' shit list and aren't getting off without MAJOR effort, by which I mean, be an instrumental part of bringing home the UCL or the Prem trophy.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: June 07, 2018, 02:26:32 AM

Good points and yeh I'm clutching at straws as to the why they would release it, but it certainly wasn't for the benefit of mankind and just seems pretty much a PR stunt.  Now you have Courtois and Toni Kroos both questioning it's viability, Courtois is a knobhead though.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #131 on: June 07, 2018, 07:37:54 AM

Releasing injury news on players isn't that odd. I think it's more odd that every dickhead who wasn't even involved in the game like Courtois would have anything much to say about it.

Ramos can choke on all the dicks, everywhere, for all time. He is a cunt of the highest order.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: June 07, 2018, 09:38:01 AM

First time I've ever seen a team release a post hoc concussion report on a player who got a bit of a whack. Eventually every time someone heads the ball they'll start releasing them to explain why they got a 5 out of ten instead of 7  why so serious?

It's taking the piss and I'm not buying it, and Ramos is right that little pussy Salah should have got his injection and played on with his bust arm.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #133 on: June 07, 2018, 09:42:09 AM

Piss off with that bullshit. Ramos tackled him like it was a rubgy pitch and Salah did try to play through the pain. Ramos needs to learn what sport he's playing or just, you know, stop being a whiny little bitch every time the ref calls him on a foul, or stop acting like he's been assaulted whenever someone gives him a slight nudge. He is a dirty tackler, almost as bad as his former teammate Pepe. At least Pepe had the balls to admit he was knocking motherfuckers around.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: June 07, 2018, 10:35:33 AM

I think we've found the most obnoxious sport fan. Fucking Real Madrid fans make Yankees fans look nice.

Also Benzema was offside.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: June 07, 2018, 02:36:28 PM

How dare you call me a Madrid fan, horrible thing to say.

Lets say I'm not a fan of Liverpool and their victim culture.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #136 on: June 07, 2018, 02:39:18 PM

Or in other words, a Man U asshole.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: June 07, 2018, 02:46:28 PM

A name calling now, smooth.

Yes I relished in Ramos tearing those Liverpool cry babies a new one.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: June 07, 2018, 02:53:05 PM

If that makes me a horrible person, then so be it.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #139 on: June 07, 2018, 03:17:09 PM

Well you are a Man U fan.  why so serious?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Soccer thread 2017/2018  
Jump to: