Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2024, 11:30:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Physics card for CoH? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Physics card for CoH?  (Read 2223 times)
tar
Terracotta Army

on: March 17, 2005, 02:14:53 AM

From this thread on the official boards:

First, sake a look at this site : http://www.ageia.com/technology.html and note that Cryptic studios is a featured partner.

Now read this response from the CEO of Cryptic Studios:
Quote from: Loki
I can't say anything official yet. But I can say that I personally like their stuff, and I think its a pretty smart business model they have. I can't promise any particular features (even when (if) it becomes official), because we won't know until (if) we try certain things. So yes, its very cool, and yet there are no promises. Such is life. smiley

Interesting. Potentially very interesting, if probably a long way off.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 04:17:12 PM

This is the part where all the smart people gang up and tell you what an idiot you are.

At least, that's what happens every time I bring up the topic of dedicated AI hardware.
SirBruce
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 04:26:00 PM

You must be talking to the wrong people.  AI hardware has been a topic of discussion -- and sometimes enthusiasm -- nearly every year at the AI roundtables at GDC.

FYI, John Ratcliff, former lead technology architect for PlanetSide, is now working at Ageia.  (And he also went to community college with my brother, but that's another story.)

Bruce
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 04:28:22 PM

I'm all for dedicated hardware for physics if it frees up the CPU for more AI and perhaps even speech recognition.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 04:50:50 PM

I'm all for dedicated hardware for physics if it frees up the CPU for more AI and perhaps even speech recognition.

FTW, post++.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Physics card for CoH?  
Jump to: