Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:24:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: The Retrogaming thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Retrogaming thread  (Read 12647 times)
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: August 25, 2017, 04:07:28 PM

I am trying to think of a good game I played on my Spectrum. All I can think of is "The Sacred Armour of Antirad." Which is a game you can probably complete in literally 10 minutes. But I played the absolute shite out of. Over and over. I'm not crazy...~~

I still remember the text messege when you succeeded "YOU WIN YOUR RACE IS FREE PRESS FIRE TO PLAY AGAIN" Yep, no punctuation.

My first computer was a VIC-20, the precursor to the Commedore 64. With an eye watering 3.5K of memory. My fav on that was an up scrolling plane shooting thing that was utterly impossible. I only got to the second level twice.

Hic sunt dracones.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: August 28, 2017, 01:56:09 AM

ZX Spectrum? I don't know how many hours I wasted playing Manic Miner. But then, I never was that good at platformers.  awesome, for real

« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 02:54:41 AM by Tebonas »
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: August 28, 2017, 02:26:23 AM

never played Manic Miner, but sank a fair amount of hours into Jet Set Willy II. never could get more than 10 rooms into it as I sucked!

Hic sunt dracones.
WayAbvPar

Reply #38 on: August 29, 2017, 04:04:50 PM

In addition to Wizardry 6, I just started up an Ultima IV game as a paladin (fuck Dupre). Wow is it an easier start than mage. I can kick the shit out of anything that comes at me on the map, at least so far.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: The Retrogaming thread  
Jump to: