Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:53:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: The Death of Stalin 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Death of Stalin  (Read 3994 times)
Shannow
Terracotta Army

on: August 14, 2017, 06:00:15 AM

Unlike the title (or maybe), this looks hilarious.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 08:40:38 AM

Oh fuck yes, this is right up my alley. By the guy who did In the Loop and Veep? YES PLEASE.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 09:51:08 AM

LOL, ok, that looks good.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 10:40:21 AM

Looks like fun (but then again the real story would make a great movie too).  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 10:45:18 AM

Veep?

Didn't even catch that. Fuck yes.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 02:05:09 AM

Saw this, it was very good fun. Not especially deep but it did give a fairly good job of rapidly conveying the basic characters of those involved and some of the insanity and Orwellian nature of life under Stalin. Zhukov is pretty much the highlight of the film for me, although his best lines both made it into the trailers.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 09:55:38 AM

I'm 100% there.  This is my kind of movie.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #7 on: March 18, 2018, 11:01:52 AM

Surprised I didn't see a thread for this already.

Trailer.

It's fucking fantastic.  Also, it hit a little too close to home, so Putin had it banned in Russia.  I can't think of any higher endorsement than that.  See it if you can.

(edit) oh fuck, there was a thread but it's a whole page back.  NOT ANY MORE.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 19, 2018, 04:19:09 AM

I'm hearing ads on my favourite US podcasts for this so I'm guessing it's getting some kind of late US higher profile release? Definitely watch it, I think most people here would really enjoy it.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #9 on: March 19, 2018, 07:32:34 AM

Not sure how high profile it is; it's only showing at the arty theaters here (luckily there are lots of those in the Bay Area) and it doesn't seem like it's sticking around that long.  It's worth going out of your way to look for a showtime wherever you are, though.  Support fucking awesome movies.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: March 19, 2018, 08:08:26 AM

Not sure how high profile it is; it's only showing at the arty theaters here (luckily there are lots of those in the Bay Area)

based on availability i'd say it's "showing" everywhere

something something wink wink you wouldn't download a car
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 19, 2018, 12:26:25 PM

DVD release date for this was 26 Feb. 2018 at least in UK so any theater showings are done by now. As for the movie it was really great and in many ways reflected the impression historical documents and books give of the time of Stalin's death (though I was kind of surprised they didn't end it with Khrushchev's condemnation of Stalin)
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: March 21, 2018, 12:48:06 PM

This did leave me with a stiff for Zhukov. DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: The Death of Stalin  
Jump to: